Little help or info... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Little help or info...

Hi I'm new to Jemsite and JEMs in general, but I just wanted to learn a little more about this intriguing guitar. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with approximations of how much each JEM model guitar goes for (i.e. JEM7 goes for x, JEM77 goes for x, etc etc) or if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great! Hope to own a JEM777LNG someday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:23 AM

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 08:10 AM

Glen's (Jemsite) prices have been criticized many times. I also suggest looking at the 'Used Sold' section of Ibanez Rules.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 10:52 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i guess i need to put a blurb on the "price guide".

rich's prices reflect a broker fee, professional setup and most importantly FRAUD PROTECTION & a purchase from a reliable reseller. Likewise a used guitar purchased from a "local dealer" would certainly have different trade-in/sale price than what the price guide reflects. ...glen
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Vendor

Actually, they usually just reflect some profit margin, the rest is included at no cost [but I price to what I determine the market to be, and I'm generally UNDER most of the time].
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:26 AM
site founder 0% owner

here is the point always being missed. Example below...

$650 BIN JEM777DY on ebay. If some college kid buys the guitar vs you buying the guitar to immediately resell. 99% of the time Rich's price would and should be HIGHER than what the college kid could/would turn it over for. And this is for good and obvios reason as explained above. Regardless of what services are performed free by either party.

This should be common sense, and explain any price variations, if they exist and average out over time... glen
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the help!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Vendor

No, the point being missed is that $650 DY could be in Exc-MINT which would sell in the classifieds here for over $1000, the point is, you can't moderate stupid sellers on ebay that don't know the value of what they're selling. [I should know, I grab plenty of stupid $ deals on ebay BIN's]
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:51 AM
site founder 0% owner

LOL. all things factored used instruments will typically sell at HIGHER prices from dealers/resellers than private parties on the 'net. ...glen
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
LOL. all things factored used instruments will typically sell at HIGHER prices from dealers/resellers than private parties on the 'net. ...glen
That seems odd to me. If you buy a used car from a dealer, it's usually higher in price than if you were to buy from a private party. What makes it different with these guitars?

Also, from my little knowledge of "blue book" values of guitars, it seems that a used guitar from the last 10 years would be moderately cheaper compared to new guitars. Older than 10 years or so, it seems, the price goes steadily up as the age goes up...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 05:02 PM

He's saying that dealers general sell at higher prices than private party : )
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Ok, my bad.

Anyways, my favorite JEM guitars are the 777 series, the green, yellow, and pink ones. They're so dang ugly, and I want one real bad!!! Since the green ones are signed by Steve, and since they're kind of like the "green meanie" are there less of them floating around? I know that 777 of each were made, but maybe people are less willing to part with the green ones? Haha, and that's the one I like the most...oh well, I saw one on ebay for $1500+ the other day...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:02 PM

I see them on ebay regularly, so getting ahold of one is possible. However, you should expect to pay a high price for them.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:13 PM
Vendor

Quote:
True, and not so true. Right after I sold Dead Mint LNG # 142 for $2750 #333 [not dead mint, not even mint, no mention of what case, etc.] sold for $3250 on ebay. Real sale, money changed hands. The last GMC I had I sold for $3000, the one that just sold on ebay? $3950, yes, the money changed hands. Capice?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
True, and not so true. Right after I sold Dead Mint LNG # 142 for $2750 #333 [not dead mint, not even mint, no mention of what case, etc.] sold for $3250 on ebay. Real sale, money changed hands. The last GMC I had I sold for $3000, the one that just sold on ebay? $3950, yes, the money changed hands. Capice?
Too bad the money wasn't going to my hands....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

dragonforce info for sydney show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode