Little help please... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Little help please...

Hey everyone. I'm trying to find a page I stumbled on weeks ago that I can't find for the life of me. It was basically a breakdown with pictures of every single jem. I'm on the market for one but I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for so this page will help a ton.

My apologies if it's right in front of my face but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Little help please...

BAM--Ibanez catalog library is your answer--POW!
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/index.html

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks! thats a bit of help! But it's not the one... Im almost certain it was a jemsite page (but I could be way off). It literally had every jem on one page with the name of it beside it... it made it very easy to compare models...
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Go to Rich's gallery at ibanezrules.com
He's got tons of pics of every jem--all on his couch!

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 AM

Reviews: 11

What jem are you looking for in particular? Let us know the main ones and we can give u all the info you need, hell I'm sure someone will be selling at least one your looking for!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks AlaskaBat, I checked them all out and I think I've figured out the ones I like the best, cosmetically speaking...

I like the Jem77fp and the Jem 10. I also like the new models such as: the Jem77fp2 and the white Jem7v.

Although, I'm not new to Ibanez, at all (I have an RG570, RG7 string and a Destroyer) I'm new to Jems. I've only played a new 7v, but I LOVED it.

I need to start doing my homework on the differences between all these guitars technically speaking. I've read a few times not to buy "new" jems. Why is that? Unless the older Jem is in 100% condition, I'd be hard pressed to not buy a new one because I like to play my guitars but also keep them mint. I don't gig. I'm a studio guitar player.

Anywho, thanks for the links... And any info you can give me on these guitars would be great. Any Jem knowledge you can give me would be great as well.

Thanks.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 AM

This one?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/vai....php?year=1991
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 AM

Reviews: 2

Hey Davie, I think the reason people tell you to stay away from newer JEM's is because of the Edge-Pro trem found on the 2004-2009 models (2010,11 went back to the original Edge...YAY!!). There are other differences too, but none that should affect you given you favorite choices........ All of the guitars you listed are equipped with either the original Edge or the Lo-Pro Edge....... both of which are arguably the best trems Ibanez ever produced
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks TMatt! That wasn't the one but equally perfect for deciding. Like I said, I'm very new when it comes to jems. I don't know which model was equipped with what...

Thanks for clearing that up RGT. To tell you the truth, I love the new white and floral pattern. Like I said, I like to keep my guitars in great shape and spending thousands on a guitar that's not perfect won't be easy to do for me.

So I'll check the specs of the new line.. So it's a safe bet to go with a brand new one?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 PM

Reviews: 4

To add to what RGTFanatic was saying, the FP2 DOES have the original edge, and I would recommend that guitar *greatly*!!!! lol I actually played steve's own, but they are fantastic. and as long as it is not the 555 or 333 (the 505s are good, I played one), any jem is great!!!
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Sounds like either of those 4 will work out for me then! I`m glad. I thought the new ones were inferior in some way...

Are there any other major differences between those 4..

Thanks
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Reviews: 11

it's not like the Edge Pro 3 trem on my 2008 7VWh is completely horrible. It's a fully functional bridge that works just fine albeit with some minor stability issues. I play many gigs with it and she's just fine. Don't discount buying a Jem solely because it doesn't have an original Edge on it.

Saying that, I won't know what an Original Edge is like until I receive my custom which will be here any day now. Going from what many say in here, it should be better than the second coming of Christ.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 PM

Boom shaka laka........

http://www.jemsite.com/articles-menu...universe-info/
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:02 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
........Saying that, I won't know what an Original Edge is like until I receive my custom which will be here any day now. Going from what many say in here, it should be better than the second coming of Christ.
(begin Angel chorus: Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!) LOL

I don't think I've ever heard of an Edge-Pro3?? There was an Edge3 but never on a VWH. I think you have the Edge-Pro which IS a very good trem..... The only thing it needs to be a GREAT trem is a set of locking studs (which will cure those minor stability problems Macka)

@Davie- FWD0120 made mention of the Jem505 which is a guitar that I HIGHLY recommend looking into. It's truly the first affordable, high quality, "players" Jem ever. The only thing different from it and other, much more expensive Jems is the inlays and the Evo Pickups...... It a Fugijen Jem with an original edge, Jem Profile neck, Lions claw, and monkey grip, but it's $1000 less than the directly comparable FP2. Throw in a set of your favorite pickups and save yourself $850 all while having a VERY respectable Jem!!!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
@Davie- FWD0120 made mention of the Jem505 which is a guitar that I HIGHLY recommend looking into. It's truly the first affordable, high quality, "players" Jem ever.
JEM7DBK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode