LNG on ebay.co.uk -is it a fake????????????????????? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

LNG on ebay.co.uk -is it a fake?????????????????????

Theres a LNG for sale on ebay .co.uk and the signature is on the trem back plate its number 635 , he sent me pics and it a "later" vai signature on the rear of the trem plate not the body. when I asked the vendor he said later ones were signed on the plate not on the back, I dont think this is accurate!!
I think it might be a fake the start price is Ģ850.00 -whet do the experts think???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 04:41 PM

LNG on e-bay.co.uk

I have seen later model LNG's with signatures on the scratch plate, I think due to the actual guitars not being available at the time of signing. What bothers me more about this guitar is

a) no picture on e-bay but the guy is more than happy to e-mail several different photo's on request.
b) the neck is really dark, the guy says it's dirt from years of playing but also says that the frets are immaculate and it's never had a refret
c) the signature and number are faded on the backplate, why didn’t he remove this and preserve it

maybe I'm being paranoid. It is cheap enough but I suspect the collectablity is out of the window with the faded signature and number.

Darren
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 05:15 PM

Looks dodgy to me - I'm always dubious of people with no feedback at all, and no pics and crap details. And local pickup only, although his only payment option is Paypal! Doesn't have a great 'feel' about it, that listing, although you never know, it could be genuine.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Vendor

There are no "later" LNG's. There's offshore and onshore. Vai is in the US, US guitars were signed in person at both distributors, some of those distributed to N and S america. Offshore guitars had their plates signed and sent back to the factory/distributors to be put on the guitars. It's been rumored that he did sign a batch while he was in Japan on tour also.

Tags
scratch plate , trem plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode