Lo Pro Question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Lo Pro Question

I know that this is not a popular thought here, but I am a major fan of the Original Floyd Rose, not crappy imitations (and no, I am not referring to the Edge or Lo Pro.) *I recently decided to replace the Floyd on my old Tom Anderson/Schecter. *I bought the guitar used and the previous owner must have had really acidic sweat because he corroded it pretty bad. *Anyway, after I bought one I went to the Fender website (because Fender is now a major distributor of Floyds) and was shocked at how much info they had. *They had the Original, the Floyd Rose II (cheaper version) and the long forgotten Floyd Rose Pro. *I had not seen a Floyd Pro in a while and checked it out. *I remember when it came out. *It was put out to compete with the Edge or Lo Pro (I am guessing Lo Pro). *It looks very similiar. *I was wondering if any of you have tried it and whether someone could compare the two. *I am interested as it looks like it could be made in the same factory. *I know many of you have trouble getting replacement Lo Pros and thought that this might be a viable alternative for you.

Darin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 12:30 PM

Lo Pro Question

I just visited the Fender website and it's a nice revamp.

Regarding the Floyd Rose Pro that they have, I think that it looks more like a Lo-TRS II than a Lo Pro. The main thing that I noticed was the arm assembly which is screw tightened instead of push in like the Edge or Lo-Pro.... and we all know what problems we all have with the screw tightened types.

I think that it might be a good replacement for TRS guitars (hopefully the Fender uses stronger metals for these than the TRS).

Personally, I don't think that anything can compare to the Lo-Pro...but that's just me.
~Donovan
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Lo Pro Question

Dacmo,

Which one are you looking at? *The Floyd Rose II is the one the would replace the Lo TRS, infact it was designed for the same people that would use the Lo TRS. *The Floyd Pro other than the screw in arm is almost identical to the Lo PRO. *Am I missing something? *I clearly see a difference in design between that and the OFR. *The Floyd II is a cheaper version of the OFR but is similiar in design. *The Floyd Pro is a different, low profile design. *Look at the base plate with the fine tuners. *Completely different on both as is where the strings lock. *And as far as the screw in arm is concerened, if you are not using an inferior copy, it is more stable. more smooth and quicker/easier to adjust than either the Edge or Lo Pro. *The crappy version tends to have problems but not the quality ones, unless they are old, or have been abused and are in need of replacing (which is the same as with the Edge and Lo Pro-based on comments from this site.)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:09 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Lo Pro Question

The base is different and the balance. Personally speaking i would only buy the Edge or LoProEdge. These are widely available from Ibanez for approximately the same cost (or a bit more). Well worth it in my book... glen
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:12 PM

Lo Pro Question

I was looking at the Floyd Rose Pro (the left most on the frame). The Lo-TRS also has almost the same profile as the Lo Pro i.e the strings lock very near to the saddle. All low profile floyds do it that way.

The main thing that I don't like about the screw in types is that you can kiss that bar warble goodbye.

If you need Lo-Pro or Edge replacement parts, I know that Rich stocks them.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:17 PM
rgr

Lo Pro Question

Quote:
you can kiss that bar warble goodbye
Really? *I don't have any problem doing on my OFR or my Lo Pros, maybe you are screwing the arm in too tight?

Tags
base plate , floyd rose , floyd rose pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode