Loch Ness Green Paint? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Talking Loch Ness Green Paint?

Hey All you Jemsters. I'm building a tribute jem, and can't think of a better one than my personal fave, the Loch Ness Green. yeah I know, how original Got a body, got a neck (both raw!) and a pickguard on the way, rest of the parts soon to follow. I'm having trouble finding the color of green that matches the loch ness! If anyone knows what the # or type of paint (Im guessing polyurethane?) I'm sure there are lots of others who would love to know. I ran a search on here, but no results I can use came up. Thanks, and keep shredding. Love this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM

Re: Loch Ness Green Paint?

pics please

Last edited by DaniJem; 08-07-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Reviews: 4

Did you check out House of Kolor Neon Green? I have some and its a very nice bright neon.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Old 08-08-2009, 07:38 AM

Reviews: 2

Yeah what they are saying in the other forum is propably true, BUT the only way you can tell the difference is if you stand an original LNG jem next to a self build/painted one. Who cares if its a shade out?? not me thats for sure. Good luck with the guitar, Im doing a swirl at the moment, just got a set of jem 20th pick ups, all i need is a trem and locking nut and its done. I was going to do a LNG but with the AANJ. I would love to see some pictures of yours when its done. All the best.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

what about green marking paint? the kind they use on the road for construction? it lasts up to 6 months of being driven over by cars, so it must be durable. It's super flourescent green too. I wonder how it would take a clearcoat, and if it would last?
Old 09-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

ive never seen a lng in the flesh but judging by the pics ive seen it doesnt look neon (illuminous) green,i could be wrong though.im sure one of the lads will know for sure.

Tags
green , jem , loch ness , paint , vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in