looking at 2007 JEM7VWH Shows "RoHS" on Back? Is this OK?) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

looking at 2007 JEM7VWH Shows "RoHS" on Back? Is this OK?)

I was looking at a guitar and was seeing if it was real. I am 99.9% sure it is and just want more info on something. I see "Compliant with RoHS" on the Rear Headstock. It also has a black sticker with White Ibanez Letters and a picture with an "X" over the picture that says, "This symbol is consistent with the EU WEEE Directive requirments"

The and the rear of the headstock shows a serial Number of F0700987 and says Made in Japan.

Here is what RoHS Means:
"RoHS is the acronym for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of specific hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products. All applicable products in the EU market after July 1, 2006 must pass RoHS compliance. For the complete directive, see"

Most don't have "RoHS" on the back of the guitar or have that stickers. Does this just mean it was sold in Europe or something and they had to put that on there. Is this one OK to Buy???

Thanks
TEX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Re: looking at 2007 JEM7VWH Shows "RoHS" on Back? Is this OK?)

Is there a little symbol that looks like a dumpster with a slash through it? I was so puzzled by that when I got my new RG550MXXRF. I thought, "do they really need to tell me not to throw it away?" LOL
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 AM

Perfectly normal, it's on both of my 2007 Ibanii.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys. Just wanted to hear that.

Tex
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:42 AM

You have to have that for goods in Europe. As far as you are concerned it makes absolutely no difference.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Nice, it's a realy Jem baby, A REAL JEM ...........lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode