The ltd aftermath - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

The ltd aftermath

well the darn board is screwed up but anyway. i got my jem7dbk last week and i have played it nonstop. I picked up my old esp ltd after five days and it hurts to play because it has a thicker neck and a heavier gauge strings. I mean i used to play it so well and it fit like a glove. Am i alone?
Jem7dbk :shoot: Esp ltd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 11:29 PM
rvj

The ltd aftermath

Did you say your fretboard is screwed up? Return the damn thing. This is not some cheap ass $149 guitar. There is no excuse for having to put up with that BS. Ibanez does have a warranty, but if this is new RETURN IT!!! As far as the difference between necks, it does take a little getting used to. Be patient and you will learn to love your Jem.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 11:37 PM

The ltd aftermath

No you are not alone trust me * *Ive been playing Fenders and Gibsons my whole life and just recently picked up a Jem DBK myself. *My strat doesnt feel so natural to my fretting hand anymore. *(or vise versa) * I will adapt though as im sure u will too
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

The ltd aftermath

no i meant that this message board because i was having problems rvj. Oh and i got used to the jem quite qucik but it was hard for me to get back to playing my ltd

(Edited by Vaiworship at 1:05 pm on Sep. 19, 2001)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 02:07 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
The ltd aftermath

the forum is suffering no MAJOR problems that I have seen. Your guitar experience is not unusual however :biggrin: ...glen
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 02:36 PM

The ltd aftermath

The neck on the D shocked me at first, but it has grown on me seriously to the extent where it gets more than 99% of all electric play, everything else feels clumpy and difficult to play.

Steve
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2001, 06:48 PM

The ltd aftermath

i can definately relate to this

after i got my RG7620 (and some time adjusting to both a 7 string neck and the ultra-thin wizard neck) playing my trusty old "fit as a glove" fat strat is just not the same experience as it was before, feels like i'm holding a baseball bat or something...

i still love strats though, but its just... umm... "different" you go through that period where you hate your old guitar, but when you want that different sound and feel (like when i want an authentic strat sound + feel) i'll go back and end up lovin both the axes equally

lol and its funny how to us guitar freaks, we immediately thought "board" meant "fretboard" lol, i was fooled too :biggrin:

Tags
fat strat , gauge strings , jem dbk , strat sound , thin wizard neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode