Maple board JS, but will there be Japanese? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Maple board JS, but will there be Japanese?

So there's a JS140M maple fretboard JS on the Ibanez site. Hoping this happens in Japanese as well. I am respecting Rich's request to not be emailed unless it's an emergency also if he knows he can't say yet anyway. I've been waiting for a maple board JS for a long time and in that blue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 08:32 PM

Oh damn, that would be interesting. I wonder if they'd use a different wood. A fully maple neck with a mahogany body would be so awesome.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 08:40 PM

Just looked at it. That steel blue is gorgeous. Looks damn good.

I also noticed they now have the js240ps that comes with the sustainiac driver now. I didn't think they'd do that for the indo model. It looks like the guitars with that setup do not have a coil tap anymore. Not sure if i'd perfer that or not. I love the versatility of tone. Though i've never used the sustainiac.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Re: Maple board JS, but will there be Japanese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsXLine6 View Post
Just looked at it. That steel blue is gorgeous. Looks damn good.

I also noticed they now have the js240ps that comes with the sustainiac driver now. I didn't think they'd do that for the indo model. It looks like the guitars with that setup do not have a coil tap anymore. Not sure if i'd perfer that or not. I love the versatility of tone. Though i've never used the sustainiac.
I wish he'd have gone with two miniswitches and retained the coil tap, but I got used to not having it on that guitar.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 09:43 AM

That colour is looking a lot like the 3 single coil Hendrix tour model that never arrived so is this the compromise maybe?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Satrini View Post
That colour is looking a lot like the 3 single coil Hendrix tour model that never arrived so is this the compromise maybe?
If it was japanese I'd say yes but it looks like it's only the Korean one. NAMM's not over but the Ibanez website has been updated with the PIA so I feel like if there was a Japanese JS it would be there already
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2020, 12:38 PM

Same OCDemon, Been waiting for a maple JS for like .. a decade. Not thrilled that an indonesian guitar is 799 but its prob the greatest neck shape / fret size combo ive ever played. Sure ill end up with one at some point. Throw some cream pups in there and iits a wrap
Attached Images
File Type: png js140m fixed.png (483.4 KB, 39 views)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2020, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

I'm gonna hold out hope for a japanese one. It doesn't make sense to only make a Korean one, or are they all indonesian now?

Tags
maple js

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode