IN the market... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

IN the market...

Hey my name is chris, i posted a thread a few months ago about a pg neck,.....Well that necer happened ( out bid on evilbay by 100 bucks ) anyways, Ill be getting out of the army soon and a nice check will be heading my way ( as i was hurt caused by overseas ) and i believe for all my hard work a jem or universe is in order... any suggestions? I prefer maple fret boards to rosewood but that isnt the biggest issue. Just curious for some sugestions of yalls favorite jems thanks....( or j customs )

Hooah

Chris

Last edited by shotgunlew; 01-16-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Re: IN the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunlew View Post
Hey my name is chris, i posted a thread a few months ago about a pg neck,.....Well that necer happened ( out bid on evilbay by 100 bucks ) anyways, Ill be getting out of the army soon and a nice check will be heading my way ( as i was hurt caused by overseas ) and i believe for all my hard work a jem or universe is in order... any suggestions? I prefer maple fret boards to rosewood but that isnt the biggest issue. Just curious for some sugestions of yalls favorite jems thanks....( or j customs )

Hooah

Chris
Hey I hope your payout will cover more than just a Jem, get injured for your country and get a free guitar! How nice.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Oh it will, but i feel i owe it to myself, ( my wife aggrees) cus now that im hurt i play hours upon hours a day ( im in a wounded soldier unit ) and ive been playing for bout 9 years so i guess i can justify it to my self
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 PM

Well, first let me just say thanks for you sacrifice you made to defend our great country and I for one am greatful for guys like yourself.

As for your choice it is purely relative to your tastes and I believe all Jems are great in there own right. For me, I would reccomend a VWH or the new VBK as it will stand the test of time for a player like yourself and not as a collector. As far as J Customs I would look at the 8470 as an example for price and availability. Check with Rich at the above link as you can't go wrong with him.

My $.02
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemplyr77 View Post
Check with Rich at the above link as you can't go wrong with him.

My $.02

Yeah good idea, and if shotgunlew is genuine, then he deserves a discount!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 PM

Reviews: 6

Why not invest on a nice PMC or GMC when they show up. They have a lot of value and are wicked. Or a 777, they play really well and are funky to look at. You earned that medal and the paycheck, you should get the guitar that represents the end of your ordeals best and thats make you stand out among the american working class as you always will.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback everyone, as for the medal, lol i dident get the purple heart, i was injured as a cause of war , but i wasnt shot or blown up, the rucksack i careried was between 150-200lbs and it wore down my spine and gave me spinal stenosis. But once again thanks for the comments i appreciate it. Another question would be has there ever been a dark yellow jem ( i love the DY rg )
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 AM

200lbs? Thats at least 50lbs over even the emergency loading, what were you doing over there?!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 AM

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
thanks for the feedback everyone, as for the medal, lol i dident get the purple heart, i was injured as a cause of war , but i wasnt shot or blown up, the rucksack i careried was between 150-200lbs and it wore down my spine and gave me spinal stenosis. But once again thanks for the comments i appreciate it. Another question would be has there ever been a dark yellow jem ( i love the DY rg )

You mean like this ? http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/jem777dy.htm

Because DY actually stands for Desert yellow and not Dark Yellow if that's what you meant .

That's a fantastic guitar and it's for a good price too! They made them from 87 to 96, hence they are quite easy to find. I own a Pink 777 and they play fantastically. I highly recommend one if it's what you want!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM

I was in the market...I got some milk, bread, egss, beer (of course), and coffee.

Got through checkout pretty quickly but traffic was slow.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
200lbs? Thats at least 50lbs over even the emergency loading, what were you doing over there?!!

machine gunner with no AG or AB so i casrried 3 mans gear by myself, in the mountians of southern afghanland, as well i was a sdm for a minute.

Last edited by shotgunlew; 01-17-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: forgot to add somthing
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 07:08 PM

oh SDM, what rifle are you boys using these days, the M4 still?

Heres the view through one of my 50cal bad boys:

Last edited by chris101; 01-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

where are you at? SDM would use m16 or m14. I was also in a LRRS unit. But im not gunna lie bud pic looks bout as fake as can be..... number one your recticle is crooked , and number 2 its almost impossible to take a pic that clear through a optic ( guessing a 10 power by the level of magnifacation on it ). BTW Im not calling you out or calling you a liar , jus observing
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 04:14 AM

Quote:
where are you at? SDM would use m16 or m14. I was also in a LRRS unit. But im not gunna lie bud pic looks bout as fake as can be..... number one your recticle is crooked , and number 2 its almost impossible to take a pic that clear through a optic ( guessing a 10 power by the level of magnifacation on it ). BTW Im not calling you out or calling you a liar , jus observing
He, no its not fake, the reticle looks slightly crooked becase the rifle is tilting on its bipod, and yes it is just possible to take a pic like that, wind the zoom right back and mess about with the camera focus long enough, in my spare time I run this rag-tag outfit www.fcsa.co.uk , I no longer have to wear the uniform.

Tags
fret board , maple fret , maple fret board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode