Meet my UVMC!!!!!!! major score! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Meet my UVMC!!!!!!! major score!

hey guys following the aussie topic...
this is my baby:

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...aprileuvmc.JPG
(i can't post the pic!)

here's the story:
in my usual boredom i was browsing an auction site which has sites in all latin america. i see this UVMC and go wow! 1.000.000 BS,which is like 1050 US, i had just completed a summer job and had about 600 US, which i was planning to spend on a used RG. coincidentally, my aunt lives in that country, in the same city...so i contacted the guy and asked for info, and he sent me some pics (the ones i sent you rich, thanks). i offered the guy 800.000 BS, which is about 880 US, which he agreed. the fun part is i couldn't send the pics to my aunt, so she went to the guys house and i called him when she was there, and spoke to her. she doesn't know a thing about guitars, so the thing was: ok..hold the guitar...does it have 7 strings...blah....i made her check every detail, and it sounded right.
for that price, i really didn't mind nicks and stuff, so i say to her buy it and i'll send the money.
2 more impressive things happened:
my aunt talked the guy down to 700000BS, 800US, and my cousin was coming to chile THE VERY NEXT DAY, so shipping cost=ZERO!!!!
i received the guitar about 48 hour after the phone call, and the thing does not have a single scratch!!! absolutely no neck joint cracks wow.
plus my climate is template while they're tropical, but i haven't touched the truss rod, the thing came perfectly setup!

I must admit i didn't like swirls very much before i saw this one...the thoughts in my mind were something like rich...trade....jem....etc, but once i saw it, the thing stays!

sorry for the long post and bad pic (that's my brother's webcam), but if i could afford a good camera, guess what i would do with the money....

i guess it's what rich calls a little swirl and a little chaos.

rich: have you shipped MC's to chile? prices or persons are none of my business of course,but i wanna know if i have the only one here![/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Vendor

Jeez, the pics you sent me were twice as good! LOL

There's no way to tell how many MC's are there, how many were originally shipped there, or how many were imported by Chileans
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 01:23 AM

nice swirl!
it reminds me more of the Lava swirls..
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 04:50 AM

grrr...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:21 AM

Excelent purchase Dude,

and the guitar is beautiful.

(envy..........envy...........envy.............aaa aaaaaaahhhhhhh)

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:34 AM

What a great luck!! Very nice swirl. Yes, makes me envy. Never had such an excellent deal. Congrats!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 10:08 AM

Unbelievable for the cash Caprile, well done! The webcam pic makes it look like a VERY faded Japanese swirl, but the others show that it's a vibrant ATD job with lots of great detail. Get another spring on that trem!

I just wanted to point out that, although the guitar has been fine after shifting climates, you may eventually notice some change. I thought my guitars didn't need adjusting either (moved from Europe to US) but then, suddenly, around two months after arriving - BZZZT! Two of my Jems bent so far back they buzzed on the open strings! It's unexplainable, as a couple of others didn't change at all. I think it takes a while for wood to adapt. All fixed now of course!

Enjoy the axe, it looks really good.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the comments
i already have a third spring in there. it came with 08's and i use 9's. it was as easy as putting the 2 bottle caps under the trem (hat tip to mr harris), put the other spring and restring. almost no angle adjust!
the only thing is i can get the back covers, so i put the control and jack covers from my 570 for the moment.
the neck plate as you see is very very faded, i would say not only in color, but actually the universe logo is blurry in texture (if that makes any sense)..i guess that would kill resale value...but who's reselling!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 11:49 AM

That is one awesome swirl on that one. I think I like it better than Bob Oakman's. Sounds like you saved about $2000 on that deal...that is insane. Congratulations man.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 12:59 PM

WOW !!! Cool Caprille. I saw this guitar on a Add in South America E-bay i think.

Congrats man. I'm deaming with one. Maybe one day.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 02:09 PM

Congrats!

Great swirl, great price, great guitar!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:52 PM

Congrats on a killer deal! swirls seem to have that effect on people. In pictures most of them dont look that great but once you get your hands on one the its hard to deny how cool they really are!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:53 PM

Congrats on a killer deal! swirls seem to have that effect on people. In pictures most of them dont look that great but once you get your hands on one the its hard to deny how cool they really are!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

i'm an a$$hole! i forgot to thank nuno for the mandatory green cliplock strap. you're tha man my italian friend!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
bob oakman , cliplock strap , neck joint , neck plate , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode