Met Joe Last Night - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Met Joe Last Night

So I travelled all the way down from Canada's Arctic this week to Boston, MA after 13 years of waiting to see Joe for the first time. I did the meet and greet. What an amazing venue, and event.

I brought my JS2410 for Joe to sign and upon meeting him he was in awe when he saw me hand him the guitar. He asked where I got it from and I asked him if he was aware how hard they are to get. He said he was aware they were indeed hard to get. I told him Rich from Ibanezrules.com was had some in stock. I chuckled when he said he didn't know how Rich keeps managing to get his guitars. Rich if you're reading this you may be getting a call from Joe.

What an awesome person, only wish I could of had more time to talk but there was a slew of people he had to get through. Managed to bump in to Steve Morse on the way in to the theatre and got a photo with him as well. Seemed like a really nice guy. Both Steve and Joes performances were amazing. Definitely going to see Joe again in the future.

Heres some pics from last night.

Cheers Everyone,

JD
peromucho7 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Vendor

Re: Met Joe Last Night

I just had a meeting with him tonight. The 2410's are actually supposed to be Hugger Orange but the Japanese are having trouble getting the color right.

Getting guitars is as simple ordering first, and ordering a lot, and reorder before you need them.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Very cool man... Congrats on the experience!

I'm normally not a fan of sigs on the front of guitar bodies, but Satch's drawing and sig on your JS is cool as hell man
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM

Great guitar and a cool story... Are you going to find a way to cover/protect the drawing??
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 02:55 PM

Reviews: 10

Awesome!!! great pics! very cool you got to meet them both! that is a beauty JS2410 . btw - love your t-shirt. Where in Canada are you?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM

Sweet man, I got to see Satch open for Sykes fronted Thin Lizzy and Morse with Deep Purple. What a show that was. Never got to meet any of them though! Good on you!
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 06:42 PM

So cool, Bud! Great that you got it signed! I'm seeing him next Friday night in TO. I'll get mine signed behind the headstock. Looks great! I think the both of us are the very few owners who have these up here.

Congrats!!!!!

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks PB, It was an awesome event. I wanna do it again LOL Maybe the next album. I just got in to Ottawa tonight and am heading to Long and McQuades or Steve's tomorrow to see what they suggest for protecting the signature on the body. I still wanna play the guitar but not lose the sig.

Not sure of what type of clear coat to put on it and I think i want to have it professionally done.

Have fun in TO, it'll be a blast I'm sure. If you're going to Massey Hall the sound will be amazing.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Vendor

You don't go to a music store to ask paint questions. You go to a good body shop, or a good guitar painter
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Just scored 2 tickets to see Joe on Wednesday night in Albany, NY from work... 3rd row center stage!!!!
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

I'm originally from Ontario, but have been living in Nunavut for the past 12 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Awesome!!! great pics! very cool you got to meet them both! that is a beauty JS2410 . btw - love your t-shirt. Where in Canada are you?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

hmmmm, I'll check around Ottawa tomorrow morning hopefully I can find somebody. Thanks Rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You don't go to a music store to ask paint questions. You go to a good body shop, or a good guitar painter
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Vendor

A better idea may be clear bra film. For cars of course, not boobs. I think it may be flexible and stretch enough to make the curves and do it in one piece. Try calling auto accessory shops to find an installer to get his opinion.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:27 AM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrastruck View Post
I'm originally from Ontario, but have been living in Nunavut for the past 12 years.
Nice...I have read about, and seen pictures of, Nunavut but I've never been there and I would really love to visit...it looks spectacular there and I've heard the people are amazing too!!!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Tundra....

PM me.....I have some Clear shield that i can send you for free. You can install it yourself and cut it to shape. Very easy. Another place to check is a tint shop. These guys are install that stuff all of the time. If you were closer to me, I would do it for you myself and I've installed quite a few of these on several cars.

Let me know...

Tags
autograph , joe , js2410 , satriani , signature

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode