Metal Pickguard: uv777bk - Who, What , Where, When, Why? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2001, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Metal Pickguard: uv777bk - Who, What , Where, When, Why?

first off does any one have pics of their own custom metal pickguard(brushed aluminum, other metals)? i am really considering doing this when i get a 777bk and want to know where i can score one and how much it would cost, also if anyone has pics i would love to see them, i've seen a similar post to this one on the board but the pics did not work.

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 04:05 AM

Metal Pickguard: uv777bk

I've got a UV777bk with a Stainless steel pickguard, mind you the pickguard is not stock, I ditched the plastic mirror and got the stainless steel one custom made. Visually there's not much difference, I'm not too sure whether you can see it in the pictures, I mean it's still a mirror...just that it's made out of steel

Makes a huge difference to me!

Chris.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 04:07 AM

I don't have any pics with me right now but I'll try my best to get them soon!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 01:47 PM

Christopher,

I have some interest in watching the replies for this question as well. *Where did you have the custom steel pickguard made? *Was it a local place or....?

Thanks,
Gary
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 08:55 PM

I'd like to get an anodized black aluminum one.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2001, 11:42 PM

I would also be very interested in finding a stainless steel or even brushed aluminum pickguard as well!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 05:36 AM

The PBK I've had my eye on shows some sloppy workmanship on the pickguard [and only the pickguard], like the foil not being cut perfectly.

Getting a better pickguard seems like an option, but it would be kinda strange to have to do that on a $1300 guitar, nevertheless I would be interested in something like a Black Mother of Pearl , titanium, or Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic pickguard.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 10:51 AM

Quote:
ALL POSTS
If you guys scroll to the top of the page, in the middle of that big green bar is a link to the vendor page. There you will magicly find a place called Jeannie's Pick Guards. :biggrin:

Contact Roger. He can cut you a pick guard out of just about anything you can think of. I've had him do 2 for me and they were perfect (fit and finish).

J>
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2001, 11:31 AM

Anyone tried a blue metal pickguard? *I just think a icy blue metal pickguard is just what the UV777BK needs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode