MORE 7th heaven video clips!!! - video clips from Petrucci, - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

MORE 7th heaven video clips!!! - video clips from Petrucci,

Ok by popular demand I have made a quick little website and put video clips from John Petrucci, Wes Borland, and Dino Cazares from the 7th Heaven video. These are just just clips of them playing on the video. I did not take "the best stuff" persay I just grabbed clips that were a little longer than the other 20 second clips on the video.

Dig in and enjoy!!!

Go to http://www.7thvideos.cjb.net to check them out!!

If you happen to see this message: * "Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!" *read the following answer I got from Geocities

As a free Yahoo! GeoCities member, your site will be made available again within an hour after being disabled for exceeding the data transfer limit.

*Rikk

(Edited by rikkbeatty at 12:21 pm on Sep. 7, 2001)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 11:18 PM

MORE 7th heaven video clips!!!

Thanks for the clips, but PLEASE do not post the Korn (saying in my best wasted voice) "Let's do that clown thing again".

Sorry to say, but those guys are a waste of oxygen.

BTW - Bob taught me that now famous 'Korn chord'. * *I use it to impress the people who have no comprehension of real music!

Gabe
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

:rotf:

I have to COMPLETELY agree with you there!! This video is actually the reason I never ended up listening to Korn. To be honest I have not even heard one of their sngs in its entirety!! These guys just came off as (no offense to any of the younger guys here) a couple of stoned high school kids. You know those guys who are wasted at a party and some how have some gear and you REALLY wish they would put it down!!!! :-)

Rikk
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:06 AM

(Edited by Vai RuIes at 12:19 am on Sep. 7, 2001)
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:00 PM

Hay thanks man that was kewl stuff
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

No problemo it was my pleasure!! *:-)

*Rikk
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:18 PM

i cant log on.....

"Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/video7th/index.html

"

dont tell me yahoo bought CJB ......NOOOOOOOOOO
****&&*(&**)"*&$*(&£) AHHHHHHHHHHHH

there gos one of the last strands of internet freedom

F*** yahoo

------------------------------------------------

Pleas could you put the korn clip id like to see what thoose fools have to say
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

No CJB was not bought by Yahoo/Geo Cities. I am using Geocities to host the website and apparently the data trx has a limit now *:-( *I am however dissapointed with CJB.NET's banners that pop up everywhere now Oh well I knew it would happen sometime.

*Rikk
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 03:20 PM

Hey Gabe,

What's this "KoRn Chord"? *Open on all 7 strings?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

:rotf:

Yup but remember to tune your guitar down to "a" and keep it "just slightly" out of tune for the video. *:biggrin:

Rikk
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 04:10 PM

Gabe -

what's theh famous Korn chord?

"your peeople call it Korn.. our people call it (sh|t in american indian)..."
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 04:40 PM

Thanks for postin' them...

Appreciate the time & effort.

I must say though (no real personal attack intended (on Borland)) but was the picture on your site taken after he had a labotomy or something, or was he just learning how to form words with his bottom lip?

Vai always manages to come up with these great little rythm improv's, like he did on the vai/satch jam, whether these are things he has planned and is working on or stuff he just magics outta' thin air, who know's, but he does have a very unique and melodic way of coming up with addictive rythms and melodies.

Good stuff!

On a side note, I'd love to see some real concentrated collaboration between Vai & Satch, they seem to have a great musical understanding, the way Steve just creates a beautiful rythm on the jam video (11min 50sec onwards) and Joe talks right over it with some stupendous lead work which showed to me just how adaptable and also underrated (when looking at inventiveness) he really is, so much in the tank that we don't seem to hear.

Ta
Steve

(Edited by ripl3y at 4:00 pm on Sep. 7, 2001)
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

lol I was going to re-do the picture but figured..... oh well!! *My video capture card just happened to catch the exact second he was making a stupid face!! lol *I thought it looked kinda funny!! *lol

*Rikk
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 01:18 AM

Thanks for the vids!
What's the Korn chord?
Hey, i'm not really a korn fan but at least they're doing something different with music. Minor 2nd harmonies and major riffs over a minor progression. Where else will you hear that?
Maybe you won't like it but they're still somewhat original. Although there are more uses for 7 strings rather than de-tuned power chords.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 01:24 AM

Petrucci's clip is awesome!!!!!!!
Wes Borland didn't even use the freakin 7th string so why was he even there? What band is he from?

Dino's video was obviously modern thrash. Pumping out some cool metal riffs. Right around the midpoint of his vid when he stops just hitting low B it was really cool.
What band is Dino from?

Vai's clip is very nice.

Tags
bridge pickup , custom ibanez , dino cazares , heavy metal , joe satriani , john petrucci , limp bizkit , neck binding , palm mute , signature guitar , steve vai , stevie vai , thrash metal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode