more Chibanez - Page 6 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 02:02 AM

Reviews: 13
Re: more Chibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzbr View Post
to Zeppelin:

Oziel was not fooled about the guitar. His luthier told him it was a fake copy, the original owner traveled about 400 kilometers to visit the luthier (actually he was in town due to medical reasons). He offered the guitar to the luthier who proptly called oziel and told him about the guitar, he said that the guitar was fake but with some work on it, it could turn into a good guitar. Oziel traded his RG350 for the fake jem, no cash or other equipament involved. The previous owner just asked for an autograph...

so in resume: he knew from day one the guitar was fake
So in other words what you are saying was that Oziel is a dumb guy or he is in protest to Ibanez saying that Ibanez is an overprice guitar and because of that overprice, he did it on purpose playing a Chibanez Jem on the You Tube to show his protest hoping the 7VWH price will come down and he can afford to buy the original, Is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 02:06 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
Wakakaka I can see you didn't read the topic all the way through
So you can read my mind now? and you can decide weather I read thru or not from behind your PC, you got very amazing talent man.
It's only 3 pages before going the 4th, so do you think I don't read thru, it's not like 20 over pages to scroll thru.
post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp3lin View Post
So in other words what you are saying was that Oziel is a dumb guy or he is in protest to Ibanez saying that Ibanez is an overprice guitar and because of that overprice, he did it on purpose playing a Chibanez Jem on the You Tube to show his protest hoping the 7VWH price will come down and he can afford to buy the original, Is it?
or Oziel wanted a JEM regardless of whether it was fake or not.
post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
And with every headstock they cut that is a copy of an Ibanez headstock, which is the protected property of Ibanez, they're doing nothing more noble than those Chinese knocking off 1000's of JEM's.

Illegal use of protected property is illegal use of protected property.
Rich, while I agree with you totally, Ibanez is creating some of this mess. You are the ONLY person I know that has higher scale replacement necks for Ibanez. I couldn't give a rats but about the headstock design and with that said I still can't find one luthier that can produce a QUALITY replacement neck for an Ibanez guitar with a strat headstock or any other one for that matter.

Warmoth won't do it, USGC won't do it and the ones here (legacy, woods) have either quality issues or unreasonable turn times. Sorry guys, a year is too long to wait on a neck. Heck, John Suhr can get you a complete guitar in 6 months and it's a piece of art.

So until Ibanez starts offering up replacement/custom necks copyright infringement will continue and probably flourish. If I could get a replacement neck for my VWH with a wizard profile and a 1 5/8's nut I'd be the happiest boy in the world. I'd love to buy it from Ibanez but I can't. My only other option is having someone make it for me and that sucks.
post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

While it certainly doesn't help that Ibanez has neither a custom shop nor a willingness to license their shapes- leading people to produce knock-offs left and right- I think the whole "Chibanez" phenomenon would persist even if Ibz did those things. Look at Fender, they license their headstock shapes generously, but there are plenty of illegal copies of their designs, too, floating around the 'bay and elsewhere. Gibson has a custom shop AND faces a market full of copies as well. Heck, there's a thread in the recording section about suspected copies of Shure SM57's!

While Ibanez' lack of flexibility (no public custom shop, tendency to not produce what people want) is a problem, copies are rampant and are going to happen anyway.
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
check out this tune by him. This tune rocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xzs6tBfDE
hey is this dude using a rg 350dx?what pickups you think he is using?
post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 AM

Wink Re: more Chibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlamy View Post
I guess what I take out of that video is that no matter what gear you're you're playing on, it's always the player that makes the difference
Is not the arrow<---"guitar" is the native American<----- "player", the one that hit the target....
post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
I dont think the issue is whether it is an good guitar or not.

1)The issue is that it is trademark infringement. If they didnt want to rip someone off then they would have put some other sticker on the headstock.
By putting Ibanez on it, it show me that they are trying to rip people off.

2) Someone is gonna walk into a guitar shop and buy one of these knockoffs and lose a substantial amount of money.

3) I have reached the point that I will not take a chance buying a 7WV on E*** or Craigslist because someone could sell you one of these guitar and then play stupid by saying they didnt know. And then keep your money.

4) Would you be pissed if you decided to buy a Mesa Boogie amp and when you opened the box , it was a Behringer with Mesa Markings? There is nothing wrong with a Behringer, as long as you know what you are getting upfront.
hehe if Behringer could do a copy of a markIV that sound as good as a original that would be a keeper... lol
post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Here's another bad "Chibanez", I advised the seller of the poor quality and obvious mistakes. Let's see if he pulls it, since he states the previous buyer baught it from guitar center. The sad thing is that it has Jem Jr on the headstock when it's supposed to be a Jem 7V. There are other horrible trademarks missing. Here is the info from **** on it, I would post the pix but security here @ work is blocking it.

IBANEZ JEM JR 7V WH STEVE VAI Electric Guitar N/R
Steve Vai Item number: 170135060847

Seller: mrgooditems

Search by the item number above, and see how bad this one is as well as this guys poor excuse of an item description which comes off as more of an excuse...
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Any time that I see a bogus Jem being listed as a real Jem in an online listing, I inform the person posting it that it is not real and I tell them how I know. I'm not sure what the legalities are on used items rather than new, but I think the seller must at least change the listing to indicate that it is a fake Jem.

Tags
custom necks , custom shop , electric guitar , fixed bridge , floyd rose , guitar shop , headstock design , headstock shape , ibanez jem , john suhr , kiko loureiro , killer guitar , maple neck , mesa boogie , mesa mark , monkey grip , scalloped fretboard , steve vai , sweep picking , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to spot a chibanez
how to report chibanez
how to report chibanez

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode