More JEMs? - Bringing back people's favorite JEMs - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

More JEMs? - Bringing back people's favorite JEMs

Ok, I'm not exactly sure if this topic has already been discussed, but I think that Ibanez would do itself good to bring back some of the JEMs that have gone out of production.

Who wouldn't want to see the the Blue Floral Pattern (or regular FP) back in stock? I was in the market for a JEM recently, and settled on a DBK (I love that look!). But it would have been a harder decision to make had there been some sort of Floral or Swirl available.

Ibanez might even attract more customers to the JEM if they put out more of them. Someone wanting to buy a JEM has but a few options right now, which is why the used ones get sold so easily. I have to give Ibanez some credit, though, for bringing out a new JEM this year. I hope to see more in the future. Your thoughts, Forum?

-Laws
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:38 PM
Vendor

More JEMs?

We'll be seeing more in the future, just remember that as Stevie gets older the Jems are looking plainer, maybe not enough pop left for those still stuck in the 80's :biggrin: I'm sure there will be an entry level 555 replacement at some point, and the D will get a makeover too, but I think the days of having 6 models available at the same time are long gone.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

More JEMs?

I consider that a shame. I mean, I missed that generation by no more than a few years! :doh:
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 09:44 PM

More JEMs?

I'm stuck in the '80s....bring back the neon!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 11:02 PM
YJM

More JEMs?

I want for myself a BFP and a UVMC. :biggrin:

IMHO, it's the demand and supply thing. Demand for Jem reissues is just not great enough, therefore no supply.

In fact I reckon it'd be rather profitable for Ibanez to start running a Custom Shop kind of thing now and making reissues of past Jems, Universes and other sought after models.

-Bill
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 11:05 PM

More JEMs?

Quote:
DalBassman on 9:44 pm on Jan. 7, 2002
I consider that a shame. I mean, I missed that generation by no more than a few years! :doh:
I missed it by a couple more than a few years, but I still love em. *best part is, now you can score some sweet deals, like I got a player condition JEM777DY cased for $250USD, a JEM777SK cased for $500USD, a JEM77FP cased (but refinished) straight up for a RG7620. *Even my UV's, my first UV7BK, I bought after it had sat in a store for like 3 years and the price was down to $800USD for it brand new with UV1000C case. *It got ripped off, but then I got another one straight up for a RG7620BK, modded it to become a never before seen UV777VSK, and got another UV7BK for Christmas from the greatest woman in the world. *My UV777BK and JEM7VWH are the only two I had to pay new price for. *

As for there being more models available, that would be good and bad, I have a hard time chosing as it is, I'm glad the used market is there!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2002, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

More JEMs?

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the UV7BK getting ripped off. Tragedy.

Yeah, the used market is cool. My first guitar and my first bass were used. But the JEMs are things of beauty! What I wouldn't pay to get my hands on a brand-new Blue Floral Pattern (my fave after the VWH and DBK). Ha! I'm the perfect Ibanez customer, coming back for more... *:laugh:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2002, 07:44 PM

More JEMs?

Jeeeeez Jeremy, I wish I could find these deals....if you find any deals you don't wanna score on, let me know!

Tags
custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode