moving up in the world! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
moving up in the world!

well, sometime this week i'll be adding a new member to the family. I'll be welcoming my first UV into the home...a brand new 2002 bk. It should look good next to the jpm, 3120, and the s7. I'm not thrilled with the styling but the price was good and I can always put a nice black and white swirl on it with clear pickguard later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 11:00 PM

Congratulations on the 7. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it and how much was it? I saw a 2000 in decent shape go on evil bay the other day for $700 (wifey said no). -Spike
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

i got it from a jemsite member through the classifieds. I snagged it for 980 shipped and it is untouched and still in factory box. I saw that one on ebay and was tempted but id rather have brand new.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 02:02 AM

I'm not married, but if/when I do get married, and the wife says no, then I'll hand over some divorce papers. Either that, or sell the wife to midgets and buy a guitar that way.
Thank God she has the same interests I do, cuz I'd be reluctant to give her to midgets.
Congrats on the UV : D
Now, it's time for you to buy a Jem...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

decisions decisions decisions.....chrome vine on the UV, or buy a jem?.....lifes a b*tch sometimes....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 10:49 PM

Knightmeir I should explain. Wifey said "no" since I already have 7 guitars but we don't own a sofa or kitchen table yet. She agreed to let me buy the PMC of my dreams about a month ago so I would say she's been pretty cool.

btweensunandmoon, did you buy your axe from smokingvince? I talked to him too but hesitanted since everything seems to be going so damn cheap lately (anybody else noticing this?). I am interested to know how your UV compares to your other guitars? First impressions?

-Spike
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_s_27
Knightmeir I should explain. Wifey said "no" since I already have 7 guitars but we don't own a sofa or kitchen table yet. She agreed to let me buy the PMC of my dreams about a month ago so I would say she's been pretty cool.

btweensunandmoon, did you buy your axe from smokingvince? I talked to him too but hesitanted since everything seems to be going so damn cheap lately (anybody else noticing this?). I am interested to know how your UV compares to your other guitars? First impressions?

-Spike
Who needs a sofa or kitchen table? A guitar case can double for each!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2003, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_s_27

-Spike
Who needs a sofa or kitchen table? A guitar case can double for each!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 03:14 AM

so true tho.....

There's that fender case that doubles as a guitar stand, c'mon Ibanez, we want cases that double as sofas, tables, tvs...

Actually there is technology that allows flat surfaces to be used as loudspeakers, just no one is investing in it yet. Imagine your guitar case being an amp :P
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2003, 12:39 PM

They have speakers made out of glass. It just resonates though it somehow... and you can't tell where the sound is coming from. All I know is that they're expensive as hell.

Tables and chairs and things are overrated
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

i just got it today from UPS. It spent 8 days on a truck crossing the country. Every day i played the tracking game and watched it getting closer and closer. It came today in just the factory box and when i saw that I almost passed out. It would have been nice if it was double boxed but i inspected it. Everything was ok. Smokingvince claimed it was unplayed but there were a fair amount of pick scratches on the plastic cover. I think he took it for a few test drives. Fine by me. Not a scratch on it otherwise. It was my first dealing buying from classifieds and I was impressed by the whole transaction.
My impressions...? Well can we just say this guitar kicks major A$$. It is bar none, the finest instrument I have ever had the priviledge of playing. I'm not thrilled with the styling still....or i should be more specific....the mirror guard and pyramids. Those things can certainly be overlooked (or corrected later on). My 3120 and jpm p3 cant even touch it in playability and sound. Actually, I may sell the 3120 now. The blazes are basically the perfect pickups for me. They are the most well rounded that I have come across. The action required absolutely no tweaking and was dead nuts perfect. So i have a new love now and look forward to many years of play on this wonderful instrument. I thank vince for a problem free transaction.

Tags
chrome vine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode