music vid featuring jems - if anyone is interested - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

music vid featuring jems - if anyone is interested

hey guys, what's up? *currently i'm working on a music vid of a tune we are recording. *it's about half done. *i decided i want a solo in the tune so i have to fly one in and do some re-edits to the vid. *it looks kinda cool and i'm going to be putting it on a CDVD.... dvd that is played on ANY PC. *i think you guys will like it. *i'm using the 7dbk for recording and the DNA as well. *it will be a vid with a few jems in it. *if anyone is interested, i'll send ya a copy when it's done. *i'm going to charge for it on my site but not for you guys..... FOR YOU? EH, A SPECIAL PRICE.....FREE. *i'll keep ya posted. *it's going a little slow cuz i'm a perfectionist. *i was nervous to offer this cuz i'm nervous. *i'm not doing vai leads everywhere. *actually there aren't even vocals but it works. *you'll just have to see it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 12:52 PM

music vid featuring jems

Sounds cool, I'm interested. *I'll e-mail ya.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:40 PM

Reviews: 5
music vid featuring jems

Me Too.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 05:06 PM
rvj

music vid featuring jems

Shred, I'm definitely interested. Especially since we live in the same damn town. Maybe when shooting the vid, you can alternate between various Jems. I'm willing to let you use mine (while I supervise, of course) during the filmings. BTW, I'm glad to hear that you're playing your DNA. Is'nt that why we bought these damn things in the first place? Hell, I'm going to play my UVMC right now. I have'nt been into the local scene for quite a while, what bands are out currently that deserve a listen? A buddy of mine is the lead singer for ARRA. --rvj
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

music vid featuring jems

yeah dude, i'm playin' the DNA!!!! still, after all these hours. *i never wanted to....it just happened. *this recording is tough man. *my dexterity for what i wanna do is gone...but the solo is pretty much finished. *i haven't had time to play for a few weeks now and all of a sudden i'm doing a recording session. *it sux. *i'm picky....i'll never be vai..... i hate this. *

other than that, yes, i'm out of the scene as well. *i would love to check out a band or 2 here and there. *2morrow we're going to the field museum downtown...i love that place. the cleopatra exhibit dude! *anyway, this DNA plays really nice. *glad i bought it. *i am switching between guitars for the video. *if i were to use a couple of yours....come on man....you can trust me ..... hehehehe. *
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 11:59 PM

music vid featuring jems

CDVD? I've never heard of that. Could you be meaning VCD? (Video CD)
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 06:57 AM

music vid featuring jems

I would be interested in a copy
Best wishes

Simon
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 10:23 AM

music vid featuring jems

That sound cool man, sign me up for a copy when your done with the recording. Oh, and good luck!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 12:43 PM

music vid featuring jems

CDVD = burned on DVD burner, plays on any computer.
VCD = burned on CD burner, plays on most DVD players.

By the way, can you make it so it can play on a DVD player? *If not, I'm still interested in the CDVD thing.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 02:36 PM

music vid featuring jems

It would be great to a see a vid with you, the mighty Steve in it!
It's also nice to hear that you're using the DBK in the studio... love that guitar...

-Ben
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2001, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

music vid featuring jems

two hands.... thanks for clarifying the CDVD and video thing. *it was a good question. *the CDVD, as 2hands said.... is actually a dvd that will play on ANY pc, whether you have a dvd player or just a cdrom....the CDVD comes packaged with the dvd player software. *

yes, i CAN make regular dvd's...it's more money cuz i actually buy the dvdr's....they are like $20 each. *CDVD's are cheaper.....and it's only an 8 minute vid. *

yeah, i used the dbk for all the rhythm tracks and the DNA for all the solos. *i never wanted to play that guitar but i did, i love it!!!! *it will be mint whether i play it or not.....i bought it to play, and i finally took it out and jammed on it. *great great guitar!

bad news though..... i never ever ever in 13 years, had pain when i play. *right now i'm wearing a brace on my left hand and can barely type. *i usually fly at 60wpm, no mistakes, not now. *it feels like the back of my hand is shattered and the pinky finger is really screwed. *i pulled muscles that weren't used to being used i guess.......i haven't played guitar in 3 weeks and i tried tracking a solo for this project a couple days ago. *my hands were stiff. *i played through the terrible pain for 4 hours straight trying to lay this solo. *i finally got it, applying heat compresses between takes. *i was an idiot. *i never had that happen before. *i'm not totally happy with the take, although it is good....i'm too picky. *i have to finish editing the vid and hopefully it will be done soon. *i'll keep you guys posted. *i'm thinking a couple weeks. *more footage needs to be filmed also.

thanks for showing interest and hopefully you'll like it.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2001, 10:23 PM

music vid featuring jems

If you don't mind shipping overseas I'd love to get a copy!

LJ
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-01-2002, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

music vid featuring jems

patrick, no problem. *

once it is done i will post here, or email you all directly to get shipping info. *i think that is easiest.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 02:30 AM

music vid featuring jems

I'd love a copy too!!! hehe

Alden
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-02-2002, 03:47 AM

music vid featuring jems

Good idea, dude.

Tags
darren wilson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode