music video featuring jems - it's finally done!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

music video featuring jems - it's finally done!!

what's up guys.....my video is finally done! *i posted here or somewhere on jemsite a few months ago i think. *the video is finally done. *i think you'll totally dig it. *it's a metal video with some skulls, corridors, haunted forest stuff, pretty cool. *we spent 5 months on it. *i did all the editing and effects. *there are possibly more clips to be added but for now it's pretty much in completion and past post-production. *

i know a lot of you wanted a copy but i can't find your emails or my original post on jemsite. *

i was going to upload it to my site.... www.steverotter.com but it was too huge !

whoever wants a copy, i'll make a video dvd for you for free. *blank cd's aren't that expensive and i'll eat the shipping. *so let me know via email or here and give me a mailing address....... we can put it on a cdrom as a video dvd. *it will only play in pc's as a dvd.....no dvd rom player needed! *that would be cool.......

if you want a real DVD we have to charge for that one. *the actual DVD includes all the behind the scenes...cool jem shots, studio stuff, etc. *you can order it at my site....go there for info; *www.steverotter.com *(dvd media is currently $12 and i am not in this for a profit so i would charge $10 and i'll pay for the shipping.)

if you want a video dvd, playable on pc only, email me you shipping address.... [email protected]
these are limited so hurryup. *

if you are interested in the DVD, go to our site and check out the ORDERING SECTION.

(Edited by shredmaster at 2:03 am on April 29, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 08:55 PM

music video featuring jems

convert it to divx, I mean how big could the file be??
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2002, 09:22 PM

I'm interested, but not decided on which format yet. *
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2002, 03:24 PM

I have around 25Mb spare at the moment on my site. Want me to host it for you? The only catch would be that I'd like it in a format I can play on my Macs. I can't view Ricky Garcia's vid and it's driving me mad!

Anyway, even if you have to scale it to 320x240 or something, it's still better to make it available for download where everyone can watch it, rather than the handful who'll buy a DVD, non?

Gray
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

that sounds good to me. *i didn't know what to do to offer it. *i can make a quicktime movie for you. *let me know what your address is to mail a cd to you. *not sure how big it will be. *25 mb might not be enough. *i could trim the quality down some but i hate doing that. *the quality right now is killer! *i would hate to sacrifice that. *

i think what i'll do is mail you the video in quicktime format and you can put that up on your site as well. *

also....whoever wants a copy, i'll make a video dvd for you for free. *blank cd's aren't that expensive and i'll eat the shipping. *so let me know via email or here and give me a mailing address.......

thanks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 02:12 AM

i went to your website and d/loaded the preview for the music video.
that is awesome, i love that sort of stuff.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:41 AM

If youre going to do a video it's really silly if you don't use it to further your career and use it as a promotional tool.

My band did a video. All we had was a MiniDV, a pro Beta camera and a good friend of mine that does production. We shot video of a live performance (just played the song once) and just pieced it together from the two tapes. The result we posted to the website with bandwidth rates throttled for lower-data rate users and have used it to make Enhanced Promo CDs.

We learned alot from doing this. Considering how little formal planning or pre-production I can tell you this; making a video isn't nearly as hard as it should be. Making a good one is obviously a little harder but for the most part it's very easy.

While I applaud that you did one you've only done half the work. Use it to further your career, use it as a promotional tool. Were pimping ours out all over the place and have plans to do another one this Winter with actual things like pre-production and a budget.

Oh....check it out at http://www.kristianmontgomery.com

I'm the goofy guy playing the RG550.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:25 PM

Hey Steve!

I'm right over in Wheaton, and I used to BETA test Video Editing software
and hardware for Digital Processing Systems (AKA DPS) in Naperville.
I think I still remember how to do most of that stuff. If we can meet
up, I'd be happy to get a copy of the video for you, and do some DivX
conversions and what not for you. I can also make Video CDs that will
play in a DVD player!

There was something else I wanted to talk to you about after checking
out your web page...

E-mail me!:

[email protected]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

scarecrow (i know i spelled it wrong), you are totally right man! you have to use it as an awesome tool.

i went to school for video and audio engineering and was storyboarding since i was in grammar school. i was determined to work for george lucas.....the movies for me are an insane passion. well, i wound up in the pc field somehow and made a perfect marriage between pc's, editing, and audio production. alas, still working in computers to pay the high bills and feed the hobbies. on the side i do video production. not many clients now, but it will grow. i do weddings as well...not as cool but the money is good.

your video will do the job. nice basic straight to the point. did the guy use audio off your cd for the control track or was it captured live with the audience dubbed in after via camera?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

lonelyraven.......

i'll email ya. at first i put this video project on cd as an avi, then got into the DVD thing so i'm doing those now, and making mini-dvd's (playable in pc only) as well. it's tons 'o fun. someday i hope to do this stuff and music all the time! it will happen. divix is good as well. most people don't wanna fuss with that.....like non-pc people....that is why i made the mini dvd's.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmaster
scarecrow (i know i spelled it wrong), you are totally right man! you have to use it as an awesome tool.

i went to school for video and audio engineering and was storyboarding since i was in grammar school. i was determined to work for george lucas.....the movies for me are an insane passion. well, i wound up in the pc field somehow and made a perfect marriage between pc's, editing, and audio production. alas, still working in computers to pay the high bills and feed the hobbies. on the side i do video production. not many clients now, but it will grow. i do weddings as well...not as cool but the money is good.

your video will do the job. nice basic straight to the point. did the guy use audio off your cd for the control track or was it captured live with the audience dubbed in after via camera?
We used the audio off of the CD. One of the issues we encountered was that the tempo live was a little faster than on the CD so we had to use some standard editing tricks involving quick cuts and a few pans to make it all sync up right. The audience reaction is actually about a 4 second peice that's taken from the performance and looped a few times in the beginning and then faded out. Pretty simple but it was a good level and worked better than we thought.

I dig the whole concept....the idea that with a good Mac, a few low-cost cameras and soemthing like Final cut pro you can assemble a tool for getting your foot in the door of alot of places and make you look much bigger and more professional than you really are.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 06:49 PM

I just downloaded the promo, sweet . You have an email w/ my address in it.

Keep on shredding...

Tags
ricky garcia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode