Must I deal with the Devil for a good price on a DBK? - Will - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Must I deal with the Devil for a good price on a DBK? - Will

I've decided the next guitar I buy will prolly be a DBK. *Does GC have the best price? *I prefer not to deal with them, but I'm a starving student so every dollar counts. *Must I quash my disdain for idiocy and deal with them, or are there others who deal lower?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 08:26 PM

Must I deal with the Devil for a good price on a DBK?

There's always the used market.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 08:40 PM

And there is always Rich...
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 10:31 PM

There's always mom & pop too. *Search the dealer database on the Ibanez site and find a local mom & pop dealer. *Or deal with Rich. *I would stand fast on a 30-40% discount from the list price. *(not including a case)

Guitar Center is only good if you don't have the money and want to finance. *They will not wheel & deal with ya unless you know someone. *
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 11:03 PM
rgr

GC's prices aren't that great, especially on new guitars. *Definitely try clicking the little green box in the upper left, customer service at its finest.

Or you can e-mail me and I'll give you a couple other sources to try. *

Roger
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 11:30 PM

Richard Pike referred me to a guy at GC on Sunset. *I went to LA to kick around (I'm in Missouri), but also to buy a guitar. *I ended up w/ one of the first DBKs in the States - paid $1199 w/o tax and shipping - found them cheaper almost instantly, even with my substantial referral. *I was ticked for awhile.

Even worse, tho, after beating on the greenest-looking guy at my local Mars on a Taylor acoustic for a good while, I bought it for $2K and change with their assurances that noone else could walk into that store and buy that guitar cheaper. *The next month I was in Minneapolis with time to kill cruising music stores. *I found the very same exact freakin' Taylor at GC for $200 cheaper LIST (sticker) price. :angry:

Just my $.02 - GOOD LUCK w/ those guys. *Email Rich before you do anything.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 12:43 AM

It's already been written here three times, but it's worth saying again...Call Rich

After I bought my 7vwh i told him how much i paid for the guitar and the case and strap ($1800) he said he had them cased for $1500 (I think - don't quote me on that). * You also have the assurance that Rich has set up the guitar to spec and it hasn't been played by 500 morons.

The only thing that GC has that Rich doesn't (sorry Rich) is credit card promotions. *If you catch GC during a promo where you don't have to pay interest for a year or whatever, the price from them can end up cheaper if you're a person who carries balances on your Visa or MC. *It's a math thing. *Compound interest sucks.

if you have the cash, go with Rich.
~K
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 10:54 AM

Kenny makes a point in that with Rich you'll get a guitar that hasn't been played by "500 morons". LOL....I agree wholeheartedly. I've walked into music stores where the 'new' guitars on the rack were in worse shape than my gits at home simply from being banged around and such.

* * * * *On the dealing with scratch to get a DBK, *I wouldn't deal with the people at GC if they're that bad. Patience....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 10:56 AM

I work for one of the "bigger three" and let me just say: *"Keep it in the family-see Rich."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Vendor

Let's say mine will have been played by at least one moron, just carefully

Good a place as any, my computer locked up last night and when rebooted had multiple corrupted files/programs, including Outlook Express. I lost 1300 messages and everything that was saved from the last few days. Then as my guru is fixing it he's dl'ing all the new messages last night into a program that of course wouldn't display them. In other words, if you wrote and I didn't reply, I never saw it! (shutup Kev and Bob, your Macs have problems too, and I can buy my own table dance! :biggrin:
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2001, 11:50 PM

You didnt by chance have just installed AOL 5.0 or Norton System Works did you?

Just a poke at their reliability, not your intelligence Rich.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 12:00 AM
Vendor

Nope, not dumb enough to consider AOL Actually my g/f was printing off about 20 pages, opened Adobe to print off an image too, don't think it liked being on 'hold', as soon as the image (and the rest of the lot) was done, the printer locked the whole system up. I rebooted and imediately noticed Outlook Express was screwed, 1300 messages missing from inbox (all other boxes intact) and functions wouldn't work. Wouldn't delete, etc. Cound send new mail, but as mail came in it would show i.e. 6 new messages, but none would show inbox. Totally corrupted and trying to install 5.0 again just reverted back to the corupted version. A full IE download and install cured the problem (5 hours later) then I did some maintanence, scandisc and a defrag (another 6 hours) and there's still a few bugs, but working again.

Anybody have a clue why both browsers think they're the default browser? Can't figure out how to get 1 set as default. Then anytime I open a link from mail it opens in IE instead of Netscape the way it always was, and can't figure out how to get that sorted either. Computers, sometimes you just want to unload both barrels on them!!!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 05:07 AM

What th hell is wrong with your GC? The one I've been to does not seem bad, th people have been pretty helpful and the prices are decent.

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode