My Custom Double Neck Jem - Page 11 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Re: My Custom Double Neck Jem

This as was posted as a joke
I didn't think it will prevoke so many responses. I'm pretty sure he made this just for "showing off" purposes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 06:47 PM

You could sit down with it but no-one would see your face You could support it with your forehead
And after a short period of time you would lose the circulation of blood in your legs
post #153 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
This as was posted as a joke
I didn't think it will prevoke so many responses. I'm pretty sure he made this just for "showing off" purposes.
Dude, he made it for a customer. Look at #33 on the current orders list.
post #154 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:47 AM

TheLegacy could probably call his new doubleneck a "Jemini."

PS - I REALLY like the mirrored blue shark tooth inlays.
post #155 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

That's awesome. I might have to steal that name.
post #156 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 AM

Talking Re: My Custom Double Neck Jem

Hi,

Just my 2 cents, but you forgot the monkey grip, may come in useful...

Nice though.

Ibanez-JEM7VWH
post #157 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

I think you're refering to Chris Woods guitar. I wouldn't have built that in the first place, and if I did, it would definately have a handle (probably about 6 of them so we could all carry it! )
post #158 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss View Post
Dude, he made it for a customer. Look at #33 on the current orders list.
nope, its #34 !

anyway, I cant believe that any of you lot would beat on Chris for making that piece of guitar art ! even if it wasnt guitar art its a helluva piece of joinery that you could use as a very cool table !
shame on you all, its no tea and early to bed for you !
post #159 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 04:57 AM

obviously makes for great conversation.
post #160 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 07:07 AM

Yeah, have it built, and hang it on the wall. Makes for a great living room item.
post #161 of 161 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:12 PM

I think its really cool, playable or not, it just shows that he is capable of doing something like that. Its not an old pic, some of the multi-laminate bodies in the back ground are mine that were only sent to him 2-3 months ago.....the 1st multi-laminate body from the bottom is my Spalted Maple JEM. It all bulls down to what the customer wants, if they want it and they asked for it, then whats so bad about him making it? It looks like a really nice job, and I'm sure alot of people wouldn't have even attempted to make it. I've seen alot of multi-neck bodys people have made that look funky, from the angle of the necks to the pickup routings, trem cavities, etc.....Theres definitely no reason to bash him for doing something extreme, if anything he needs to be given props for something that I know wouldn't have been your avg walk in the park to make.

P.S
For all we know Chris may be 5'4-5'5 tall.....the person getting it could be 6'8 or even 7'0 like Shaq (Hey its possible), which would make a noticeable difference in how it looks when its held up to you. I got a hunch a short person probably didn't order this guitar

Last edited by PatrickSimsCustomShopUSA; 12-15-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Tags
black headstock , chris woods , clear coat , custom double neck , custom double neck jem , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom necks , double neck , double neck jem , edge pro bridge , guitar playing , headstock design , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , jem neck , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , music store , pickup ring , pickup rings , production model , reed smith , shark tooth inlays , string bridge , triple neck , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode