My donnie project test - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

My donnie project test

Hi Guys, Finally got everything finished on my project and i decided to film my first attempt at playing it jamming over a santana track, link to video is below

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...56779303238104

sorry about quailty as its filmed on iphone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 10:48 AM

Re: My donnie project test

I love what I can see of your guitar!
Get some more pics up of that sucker!

Good video. My dad was a fan of santana and I had a lot of that in the background when I was a kid. It always takes me back.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:21 AM

Post some pics of the guitar-
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

I will get some hd pics up on weekend, guitar turned out awesome though, my only prob though is its my first 24 fret so i have to keep checking where i am on the fretboard, every now and again i get a little lost, and play a fret down or a fret up from where i should be, but i'm sure i will get the hang of it.

Also the santana track is awesome for practicing the modes, this paticular track fliped the mental switch for me when using the 7 modes, great for playing the A Dorian mode, but i realised i could use all the modes as long as i kept them relative to the a dorian, i.e using the G major (locrian I think its called) and all the others, which opened up the whole neck for me when soloing

Last edited by newblues; 04-03-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: avoiding double post
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 PM

Very cool man. Definitely post some pics when you've got some time!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 03:44 AM

Holy **** man, that took forever
i remember the pics of the red pickup cavities, loved them. Glad to see it turned out fine!

What neck did you put in? It looks like an angled headstock from the vid, makes me think of a Wizard?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag8 View Post
Holy **** man, that took forever
i remember the pics of the red pickup cavities, loved them. Glad to see it turned out fine!

What neck did you put in? It looks like an angled headstock from the vid, makes me think of a Wizard?
Yeah it did take forever, my wife got pregnant halfway through the build, which was achieved through ivf (very expensive so funds got tight) so i got a little distracted, it still isnt finished yet, i have to solder it properly at some point (i planned to finish it over the christmas break but my daughter turned up 5 weeks early on christmas day so i have slightly different priorities at the mo), as for the neck, its a cheap knockoff of a wizard neck, it does the job though, slightly thinner profile than the js neck but is very smooth, it does look cool with the angled back headstock. editi actually got the wrong type of neck, i should have got a aanj neck but got a square heel one instead, but i modded it a bit and reshaped the back to fit the aanj slot, turned our real nice in the end)

I will have to finish it soon though as i just joined a rock covers band and the other members in the band keep choosing songs with different tunings and i've worked out that unless i pay a guitar tech to retune mu guitars between songs i will need about 10 guitars all tuned different, thats the only thing that sucks about locking trems.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 AM

It does look and sound great. Congrats on the addition to the family.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissTheApex View Post
Congrats on the addition to the family.
The guitar or my daughter?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblues View Post
The guitar or my daughter?
Daughter
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 04:59 AM

I hate bands that change so many tunings! what's the freaking point!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I hate bands that change so many tunings! what's the freaking point!
does my head in, this is what i got to deal with C# tunings, drop D tunings, double drop D with capos, open e tuning, half step down(altough ive decided to play these in normal tuning) and standard, my prob is only 3 useable electrics, 2 have floating trems/locking nut so no fast retunes there, and my les paul which i dont want to use as it weighs about 4 tonnes.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newblues View Post
does my head in, this is what i got to deal with C# tunings, drop D tunings, double drop D with capos, open e tuning, half step down(altough ive decided to play these in normal tuning) and standard, my prob is only 3 useable electrics, 2 have floating trems/locking nut so no fast retunes there, and my les paul which i dont want to use as it weighs about 4 tonnes.
I took my les paul out and have had it sitting here the past few weeks.
There is no denying. It smokes any of my ibanez guitars, but it is damned heavy and painful after a few hours of it. lol

I'd like to play a neckthrough mahogany ibanez with a maple top just to compare.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:22 AM

Block the tremolo and go...http://www.tronical.com/
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Block the tremolo and go...http://www.tronical.com/
looks cool, would be great on my les paul

Tags
donnie , js2400 , project guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode