My family swirl album - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

My family swirl album

After a short break from posting (too many things to do, so little time...), yesterday I took all my swirls out of their cases and started introducing to one another
I know Gilk's collection and pics and are supperior, but I will convince my girlfriend to return (because I DO really love her) and then I'll have a new set posted...

Until then, enjoy and please keep in mind that I tried my best at taking pics but I am an amatuer and I was short of time (Andreas, YOU did the most complete presentation of your babe, DNA#234)

These are my 20th and my 2 ATD PMC's

2 DNA's joined in (#180 and #43 namely)

Swirl fest...

My ATD collection

Crazy swirls back view

Wooden swirled guitar family pic. The PMC in the middle is my Herc Fede

Full family pic (the one lying down is my Herc Fede PMC)

No more swirls for me, unless I suffer another GAS attack.....

Last edited by etfmusic; 04-28-2008 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Added a comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 AM

Re: My family swirl album

Absolutely incredible, altough IMHO thye 2 MKR's don't belong there!
post #3 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:26 AM

wow! 2 of everything!!! did you mortgage your house to get this collection? And I think those MKR UV's are not bad at all. they have real nice swirls, better then some ATDs out there.
post #4 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:26 AM

JEALOUS MUCH.

i want to goto Greece now. i guess this is what they are referring to when they talk about about all that culture and history?!
post #5 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:44 AM

PMC's are my fave jem - you're a fortunate man !!
post #6 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all very much for the comments!
I always wanted a 7-string PAW swirled guitar (since the CD came out, actually), so I didn't have a clue about ATD, MKR etc. As soon I got my first Universe (and first Ibby ever) to add to my collection, I realized the missing scalloped frets and thought I was scammed. I did a search on the net, found this incredible site with a wealth of info on the instrument, realized that UV is different from Jem and fell in love with PMC (markg5150 you are not alone...).
Took me a while to find one and since I could not get an ADT, I aquired a Jem DY which was going to be sent to Herc Fede for a PMC swirling but I found one ready, which proved to be great. But GAS never ends so I had to have an original ATD PMC, GMC and DNA. During that quest, I got myself a stripped-to-wood Jem LNG and my girlfriend bought me an RG550 with monkey grip and ebony fingerboard (I love her for reasons beyond that). I was lucky enough to get 2 of each ADT themes so I can tune one standard and one in Eb (blame Yngwie for that...).
I really have a used and old car but what the heck. I care more having a PMC next to my bed so I can enjoy and relief the stress built inside. No psychotherapist will treat me as long as I keep doing this
I finally sold the Jem DY to a friend of mine, so I have the RG550 and the LNG more than they are in the pics

Right side detail from the family pic

Left side detail from the family pic
post #7 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 AM

Just wow
post #8 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:46 AM

Holy CRAP that's a nice collection!
post #9 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 AM

i figured yeah okay, not bad, then okay so you have a few, then hold on a minute this is getting crazy, nice collection mate, and i gotta say i love the really bright uni, the best regardless of weather its an ATD or not IMO.
post #10 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:15 AM

HOLY COW... Terry.. that's Swirl heaven, for sure!

You posted the pics very clever. With every scroll my eyes open wider and my jaw dropped deeper. First 3, then 5, then 9, then 10 killer axes. That's amazing Terry! These PMC's are butt kickin... the DNAs.. awesomes! And these GMC's are very unique in the swirl pattern, both of them! (: You're a very very lucky man, I wouldn't care either about an old car if I had this line up. Congrats my friend, you made it! Nice MKR's btw.

Enjoy your babes, I'm 100% sure you are. If I someday come to greece, I'll have to stop by your home and check these beauties out.

Thanks for sharing.

grüße to greece
Andreas (:
post #11 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 AM

Great collection man! fantastic!
I don't remember seeing an ATD UVMC in Greece. At the time when they were introduced (Moschofidis was the importer at the time in Solonos if you remember) I only saw those faint yellowish swirled UVs... none of the more vibrant ATDs...
post #12 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

You are always welcome! Although I may visit you in late September or early October
post #13 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: My family swirl album

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzedout View Post
Great collection man! fantastic!
I don't remember seeing an ATD UVMC in Greece. At the time when they were introduced (Moschofidis was the importer at the time in Solonos if you remember) I only saw those faint yellowish swirled UVs... none of the more vibrant ATDs...
You are right! I got all of them from abroad, not to mention that at that time I couldn't afford them. That maybe a reason I haven't grown up and I am still addicted to swirls, hair metal etc.
post #14 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Reviews: 25

Thats why its so hard to find any swirls, you got all of them.
post #15 of 97 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etfmusic View Post
You are right! I got all of them from abroad, not to mention that at that time I couldn't afford them. That maybe a reason I haven't grown up and I am still addicted to swirls, hair metal etc.
He, he... me too! Imagine that I was in school with his younger daughter and knew the family very well, and all I could afford back then was a new RG550 in 1990 at a much lower price than list. IIRC appr. 110.000drs then! But I was able to drool at so many Ibbys of that era in that store...

As for the hair, there isn't any left on my head now! ... (I am 34yrs now btw...)

Tags
ebony fingerboard , gmc swirl , herc fede , herc swirl , jem lng , monkey grip , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , scalloped frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode