My Frankenstein - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

My Frankenstein

I am pretty curious to see how will play, however i am building up my version of Evh's Frankenstein.

Body: actually i bought this from "a place that cannot be told", so still i dont know if measures are correct or crappy.. my liuther will judge ..maybe re-do maybe not.. it's poplar,otherwise would be alder,not so much difference here:

Neck: as usual i always want the two opposite choices: eye-candy showoff beauty, or simple neck full of contents? i went for both, but i will start another topic about Et guitars lightning's axe (i am eager about testing mahogany w/ash top).

I asked Jaden a very simple neck, alder+purplehart and pauferro fretboard FULL scalloped. i didnt see any like this here (pretty wired,imho). No inlay,leds or whatever:

Pickups: Bareknucle's nailbombs and trilogy single coil. i loved them on my original jem, so here's the right fit

Bridge: whatever floyd-rose i can apply d-tuna. i asked my liuther to use two screws to stop the floating bridge, so i guess there will be a "clack!" each time i relase bar

Eta: end of november (1 year since beginning), getting pretty excited by GAS effects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 01:27 PM

Re: My Frankenstein

i like it...a lot of black.....nice...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Reviews: 2

No SS frets?

Edit: Really like the body colours btw
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

not yet.. jaden stil got it becouse of the oil, and i will add more in some days. I am excited about the possibility to have a full scallop jem, a lil' dream since loooong ago
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzHrs View Post
I asked Jaden a very simple neck, alder+purplehart and pauferro fretboard FULL scalloped. i didnt see any like this here (pretty wired,imho). No inlay,leds or whatever:
Alder neck? I though Alder was too soft to be used for a neck? Purpleheart would add a lot of strength, but i've still never heard of an Alder neck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlephil View Post
Alder neck? I though Alder was too soft to be used for a neck? Purpleheart would add a lot of strength, but i've still never heard of an Alder neck.
my mistake, maple
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Neck arrived, i will go tomorrow to my liuther. i wait his opinion before saying something, i am not a crafter

For sure, Jaden has ben fast, good in communications and his product looks great.

Tags
custom jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode