My JEM inspired ink - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

My JEM inspired ink

Hey all. I got my first tattoo finished up yesterday (it was an 11 hour tattoo, first session 5 hours, and my second session 6 hours) and I absolutely love it! Anyway it's really not too much JEM inspired. It was inspired by my dog Jersey. I had her decked out in some Anubis bling. That being said I wanted to think of a way to pay tribute to my love for guitar in it. For that I used my '89 Ibanez JEM 77FP to draw inspiration from. I think it worked out magnificently.

I used the top left flower from this guitar to incorporate into my tattoo.

This is how it went into my ink. It is below the staff.

For anyone interested this is the photo of Jersey I used for her portrait.

And this is how it turned out.

Like I said, I love this tattoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM

Re: My JEM inspired ink

That's a beauitful tattoo and guitar! How does it feel to jam with your new ink healing up?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrendelCheez View Post
That's a beauitful tattoo and guitar! How does it feel to jam with your new ink healing up?
Hey GrendelCheez

Thank you! Well after the first session there really wasn't any discomfort in the least so playing was no issue. The second session was an entirely different story. It's three days later and it's still pretty sore, but not too sore that I couldn't play. I probably won't play again until I can have something brush against it without discomfort. I will say the day after was a bit tougher though. I definitely couldn't play then.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Here's a cool shot.

I was doing a little playing and just realized they line up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode