My Jem77fp recieved today - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
My Jem77fp recieved today

hey all, got the 77fp today, it was VERY poorly, the guy i bought it off claimed that it was all set up, no fret buzz and i will love it, YEAH RIGHT.!

There was no fret buzz because there was so much relief in the neck the machine heads were touching the bridge pickup evo2, hehehe....

Was tuned to drop c# with .10 gauge, so off they came, clear pickguard came off, out came the t-cut and auto glym super resin polish and i began polishing away as it was covered in scratches.

Re-strung with XL120`s 9 gauge, re set the trem springs to suit, lemon oiled the fretboard, strings are still settling but its ok for photos so here you are.

Its actually in really nice condition....ENJOY.!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Re: My Jem77fp recieved today

Forgot to mention the neck was on the pi55 too, had to loosen it and straighten it up, SET UP MY A55.....
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Reviews: 23

It's kinda pitiful to know that people who buy expensive guitars simply do it for show, and have no idea what exactly they have in their possession. C'mon! Drop C#? It's a guitar born to solo, dagg nabbit! It's a good thing you have it now Aeolian, I bet it'll be much happier with a more respectful owner who actually knows how to treat it well. Happy playing!
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

aww geee, im blushin`, but yeah it will be treated properley though, shredded properley too.....thanks for the kind words though mate...

Just recently got home n been noodling for 30 mins after a final re-tune, the action is sky high, the nut seems very high too, ive tightened the neck a touch and dropped the bridge a touch but its still high, i think i may need a wedge in the neck seat.

But its sounds fabulous, bright n clear highs, clear but chunky lows, superb, n sounds like a nice piece of wood, i was right about this being the one, with a few tweeks here n there it`ll be even better....
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 PM

Reviews: 1

Congrats mate, all that hard work to set it up is a pain but at least you'll know is done right and get to know every little nook and cranny on that beauty
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Reviews: 9

I saw that for sale and wondered who'd got it, lol, I kinda wanted that. I'd put some PAF Pros back in though.

What's the teacut you're using, I'm intrigued. I mean specific products. Had any adverse effects?
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapprentice View Post
It's kinda pitiful to know that people who buy expensive guitars simply do it for show, and have no idea what exactly they have in their possession. C'mon! Drop C#? It's a guitar born to solo, dagg nabbit!
My JS6, a far rarer beast, is in Drop C.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

And LOVING that FP but it looks like it needs new pickups though, as the others seem really faded
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
My JS6, a far rarer beast, is in Drop C.
I have one of my UVMCs tuned to Drop G (G D G C F A D).

Just 'cause it's in a drop tuning doesn't mean it can't be shred upon.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

great guitar mate,but everytime you buy a guitar they tell you that sh ite its been pro set up ect ect.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 PM

And YEAH man! That thing looks GREAT all cleaned up. Congrats, welcome to the FP club.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

i think its supposed to be like that, as the switch end and the dials are matching faded, lol

I just cant put this down, as the new strings settle im getting some great EVH SV type screaches squeals....wahoo, happy bunny here....
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

I just use normal autocar t-cut cutting compound, but not too hard, slow is best and just keep going till it shines...then wax after with Auto Glym super resin polish, does the job a treat, i would say i have eradicated 90% of any scratches & buckle rash.

Job done....
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapprentice View Post
It's kinda pitiful to know that people who buy expensive guitars simply do it for show, and have no idea what exactly they have in their possession. C'mon! Drop C#? It's a guitar born to solo, dagg nabbit! It's a good thing you have it now Aeolian, I bet it'll be much happier with a more respectful owner who actually knows how to treat it well. Happy playing!
LOL

really it's the dumbest post I saw here.

LOL LOL LOL
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM

Reviews: 4

The only thing I noticed that's off about the older Jems with pink pickups, is that the color on the humbuckers always looks faded...or is that how they come...Never owned one...Probably will never own one, but that's not the point...Am I wrong or do they fade that bad...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode