my junky js100 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation my junky js100

on january 1st this year, i bought a used js100 from guitar center online. i got it mostly cause i was poor (still am!), and of course, its STRIKING blue finish. it even has the upgraded edge pro!! its the '96 atlantic blue, and i consider myself lucky for having it. but, heres the problem: it falls entirely out of tune every week! now, i know this should not be happening. since i got it, its been through two setups, and one checkup where every guy at the guitar store could not get it even in tune. all 4 of them tried for 10 minutes each, and they couldnt even do it!! the said to bring it in again to get the douchebag who didnt do it right the first time to do it for free AGAIN!!!! even after the two setups, its had buzzing on half the frets non-stop. whats the problem???? is it fixable????? and you all know where im coming from, a 13 year old rare satch guitar, with a 13 year old neck, it plays like a friggin DREAM when it works. i cant give it up. or afford to get any other guitar. i was waaaaaaaaay too lucky the first time. so, what should i do?!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Re: my junky js100

you can always get the trem blocked, that will help with tuning stability and you will still be able to divebomb. Rich at ibanez rules is the master at setups, you should read his tech page....www.ibanezrules.com, or just click the link above
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Reviews: 4
Red face Re: my junky js100

Dude, here is the problem. People who know how to set up a guitar correctly every time do NOT work at Guitar Center, or Sam Ash. They find out VERY quick that they can make more on there own and not put up with any bull****. Same with Best Buy, people that actually know anything about computers don't work there. Look in the phone book under musical instrument repair, talk to a few of them and find out wwhich ones know how to set an Ibanez trem, its not the same as a floyd. Alot of techs don't know that.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

alright. thanks. and, how do i block the trem to still dive on it??
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM

well the easiest way is to purchase the tremol-no, but if you have some carpentry skills you can glue in a piece of wood against the body in the trem cavity from below... Again dont attempt is you arent sure, like previously stated take it to a good setup artist and get them to do it....you would most likely need a setup after anyway.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 11:09 PM

Reviews: 1

Your best bet is to email Rich, but if the neck is straight and the bridge is parallel to the body (springs in back) your only problem may be the bridge height.
This will fix the buzzing and can be adjusted with allen keys at the very sides of the bridge.
The instruction manual reads that measuring from the fourteenth fret (piece of metal) the action should be 1.5 - 1.7 mm at the first string, and 2.0 - 2.2 mm at the sixth.
Hope this helps!

Tags
chickenfoot , joe , js100 , satch , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode