My local music shop has just sold "PIA" - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

My local music shop has just sold "PIA"

Well, I went into Mansons music in Exeter, UK, to try out a JSX head, and what was hanging on the wall? Steve Vai's Jem VWH called Pia that he played at the Grammys with Nelly Furtado, still with the piezo's in and looking in pretty good shape. It's sold already, and they wouldn't say how much for, although they had received an offer of 10,000 (about $19,000US). I wonder if they'd have let me have a go if it hadn't already been sold...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Vendor

Re: My local music shop has just sold "PIA"

When he bought it he probably already had a buyer in mind
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
dex

People here are way more skeptic and even though PIA was one of a kind AND the $/ is almost 2/1 - I'd eat my hat if this guitar brought more than 5000.
Just look at e*b*a*y UK for a month and you'll see that guitars don't bring up premiums here.
They do go for more than in the US, sure but still at around 1/2 to 2/3 of their price new.
Also who would buy PIA and leave the store with her hanging on the shop floor???
I know I wouldn't.

ilia
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 PM

Wink Re: My local music shop has just sold "PIA"

PIA has been available in the USA for a few months but ...mmmhhh... can't remember exactly where... sounds familiar to me!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:48 PM

I was just wondering...did Vai build the guitar himself? It seemed like it according to the description on Rich's site. sorry if this is a dumb question -o-
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
Also who would buy PIA and leave the store with her hanging on the shop floor???
I know I wouldn't.

ilia
Like I said, one call to a well oiled collector he probably had in mind when he bought it......
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btangel
I was just wondering...did Vai build the guitar himself? It seemed like it according to the description on Rich's site. sorry if this is a dumb question -o-
I'm not sure how you concluded that, I wasn't even sure if it was factory converted or LACS.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:19 PM

"THE piezo JEM and the only one I'm aware Steve has had built. If you watched....."

oops. has HAD built. My bad -o-

Tags
jem vwh , jsx head , nelly furtado , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode