My minty fresh UV neck and Guard w/elecs - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

My minty fresh UV neck and Guard w/elecs

Well Rob,I got it all unwrapped and it took forever,You was making sure it did'nt get damged huh :-) and if i remember you said you had'nt finished wrapping it yet lol

So the neck is in mint apart from a few B string marks on frets 1 an 2 (trust me,there will be loads more )

The guard has one little crack by the Vol (i knew this anyhow) Bobbin toppers have come off and so have the knobs,i got a spare set of Black fender ones :-)

Here it all is,not as impressive as Rich's pic of the pyramid wonders :-)

Does anyone know what material is used for inlays and binding/purfing (or is purfing only on body)

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 11:06 AM

Very nice What you got planned for em? I cant wait to see what rob has planned for the body those parts came from once he's finished; from what Ive heard it should be amazing
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

I'm unsure of the plans neck wise,but i know the body involes 707's

And my plans are to vandalise my 7620 body,possibly re-fin in a kind of DBK black type finish,not entirely sure,but i could have another 7620 body on its way soon so i may wait and play with that,But my 7620 is the donor for hardware at the moment until i can afford some chrome hardware

Rob
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
I'm unsure of the plans neck wise,but i know the body involes 707's

And my plans are to vandalise my 7620 body,possibly re-fin in a kind of DBK black type finish,not entirely sure,but i could have another 7620 body on its way soon so i may wait and play with that,But my 7620 is the donor for hardware at the moment until i can afford some chrome hardware

Rob
I have plenty of body customisation ideas.

--c.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Not involving fire perchance .... Or red ... Or chrome ... I'm learning about you lol

Seriously tho,idea's are welcome,I'm even toying with a Burnt staind Black finish (haveing read a little about it think it'll be easish and quick enough to do)

Clive,i keep meaning to ask,hows your 7 string doing ?

Rob
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 01:06 PM

mwhahahhaaa

Soon, the world will crumble before the mighty UV777OD.

For all of you wondering thats 'Universe of Doom!' *ahem*

And yes... It will be amazing *smug look* Although im relying heavily on the woodworking genius of LGM guitars for this to work. All i know is, EMG707s, quilted or birdseye one piece maple neck, 27 fret ebony board, custom inlay and an interesting pickgaurd which ill start work on very soon.

Rob.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 01:55 PM

The inlay material is White plastic with Abalone tops in the pyramids (same like the VWH, plastic for the big bits) the binding is a standard plastic binding. Purfling is the inlayed material that goes between the binding and the body. The UV777BK doesn't have it anywhere.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Cheers Jeremy,Don't forget to post pics of Rob's neck :-) Did you get my PM?

Universe of doom does that make my Rg custom thing the Universe of doom's sister ??? (WHEN IT'S FINISHED)

Cant wait,so many good projects a happening :-)

Rob (getting RG body ready for stripping,being as its apart i may as well re-fin)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2003, 04:40 PM

jeremy have fun with making that 27fretter I know I'm gonna get my hands on it when it's all together

I can just see it all coming together, ONE piece maple neck whole guitar ready, and rob says hrm this nut bolt seems loose "crack" oh ****....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 12:09 AM

I'm so confused on the 27 fretter LOL, Rob, are you Llexi?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 04:56 AM

just for the record, you may have seen in my posts sometimes i leave an 'R.L.L' as my initials, thats Robert Llexi Leon, some people call me llexi, some people call me rob... it can get tricky at times!

and since we're clear now i should also clarify...

...there are two 27fretters

Im sure youll have lotsa fun with them! well, rather you than me... but then you know what the hell your doing, which is why im paying you and not doing it myself!

R.L.L
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBurn

awww you got me a (late) birthday present
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerpetualBurn

You sir,need to seek help

Which is more twisted,27 frets or 8 strings ??? Fudge a 27 fret 8 string

Rob
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:50 AM

Only a matter of time...

a 7 string 27 fretter isnt far off... im actually working on designs for a 10 string... it can be done... and it will be done!

R.L.L
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2003, 08:56 AM

You thought about whether your gonna go 6 on trem 4 secured (or 7/3) or just phone up a hell of a lot of companies till they make you a 10 string trem.

Tags
bobbin toppers , chrome hardware , ebony board , lgm guitars , maple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode