My Name is Jeremy.... I'm a JEMaholic - ...JEM777LNG #195 - - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

My Name is Jeremy.... I'm a JEMaholic - ...JEM777LNG #195 -

So I find this JEM777LNG that this dude is selling on ebay. *I'm sure some of you saw it: JEM777LNG #195, no case, black unoriginal knobs and green bridge pickups instead of the pink. * I discovered that the JEM was literally down the street from me at Guitar Showcase, so I figured it was at least worth a call, if anything. * I ended up going over there after work to see the JEM. *I was exhilarated to find out that #195 was, naturally, signed by Vai, but also signed by Satch, Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan and an unidentifiable person (I think it's Steve's drummer, Jeff).

Needless to say, I purchased the JEM ($1395.00), along with some "string swing" hangers (thanks for the info, fellas) making three JEM's purchased this week. * I probably paid too much, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat; I love this guitar! * I'm just an armchair therapist, but I do believe I need some help, for I am addicted. *I have people searching for MC's, and Doc @ showcase claims to have a JEM10 for me. *If this is being wrong.. I don't wanna be right. *I'll grab the 10 tonight, if he has it.

This week:

JEM777DY
JEM90
JEM777LNG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:04 PM

My Name is Jeremy.... I'm a JEMaholic

Yikes! *$1395 for that LNG? *Ouch... * But, as long as you enjoy it, I guess that's what matters most! *
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Vendor

hehe, I guess the couch is comfortable enough for a permanent stay?
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:15 PM
deleted username

If anyone knows about JEM's on couches, it's Rich.
:biggrin:
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

I know... I know; I wasn't going to do it, but I've had difficulty locating one as of late. *I offered up 1k, but he was adamant. *I wanted one that badly. *No regrets.

Rich, my wife is being sooo cool about this. *She really liked the LNG! *I told her about the 10, and she was genuinely happy for me. *She's observed my joy, and is supporting every purchase. *I love that woman!

Who's got a JEM MC for me?

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:32 PM

Damn, did you hit the lottery number or something? 3 JEMS IN A WEEK!!!!
I hate you!!!!

j/k .......We're ALL Jemaholics, and we're not afraid to admit it. Most of us can't afford to buy 3 Jems (too much for the LNG by the way) without putting a lean on the house!!!
NOW YOU WANT A SWIRL!!!!! * *GOOD GOD!!! *I need a raise!!!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Vendor

Quote:
PiratesJem on 1:20 pm on April 12, 2002
Who's got a JEM MC for me?

Need you ask?!

Congrats on the wife!!
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:34 PM

Congrats once again!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:58 PM

Congrats man! I know this feeling, you must do it- but with such a wife -no problem
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, you guys. *I knew that if anyone, you guys would understand why I paid the inflated sum. * I recall pointing and laughing at the ebay auction. * No case?! Barf knobs?! *WTF?! *Meh, I'd do again. *I remember in '87 when I first saw these in Guitar for the Practicing Musician; I wanted one so bad. 1395 to fulfill a dream? *Priceless really.

I'm at a point where this is do-able, and I'm grateful for that. *Once the kids are in school and stuff, I will have to monitor and curb my spending. *Note also, that these spontaneous decisions are uncharacteristical for me.. which makes it that much better! *

Rich, I'm on my way. *I was checking these past couple of day's and I seem to get stuck on that DNA2K. *I think I'll shoot you an email with my inquiries.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Vendor

Bring it on, I hear the accomodations in the dog house aren't that bad!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

At the beginning of this week I found out we had to tent our house. *I lost out on a custom guitar I was looking at, because I had to pay for termite solutions. *

But we received the player price for the tenting, ended up not having as bad structural damage as anticipated and I started a mini-collection. *

Beginning of week = crap diddly doodly. * End of week = sweet diddly iddly! * (flanders)
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Kevan on 3:15 pm on April 12, 2002
If anyone knows about JEM's on couches, it's Rich.
:biggrin:
What the Hell... I don't remember coming in and posting here..... (This is my Edit btw) I must've been drunk...
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 05:15 AM

Congrats on the 3rd JEM this week... Still time to get a 4th...
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 01:58 PM

Congrats on your new purchases.
Beeing a jemaholic is great isn't it? The only problem is that it's bloody expensive.

Tags
billy sheehan , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , custom guitar , paul gilbert , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode