My new '91 UV7BK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
My new '91 UV7BK

So ever since my K7 was sold on **** I was thinking my next guitar would either be a UV/RG7620/1077/2077. So I began searching and wish I had cash for Shawn's UVPWH when he sold it but couldnt.

Now back a few weeks/months back (cant remember) I put up an ad on craigslist stating I was looking for an old school joint universe.

2 weeks ago I get an email from a guy saying he has a few UVs and that I should come by to check them out. I go over to his place in Long Beach and my heart immediately jumps out at this very nice condition UV7BK green dot. The others were a 97 silver dot and a 2006 UV777bk.

So anyways for two weeks we kept in touch about the guitar and eventually I agreed to buy it from him. Went today and picked it up.

However when I picked it up it was badly setup with horribly dirty ZW strings (9+11-70), the lo-pro was bent into its cavity and well it was a mess.

So here is the UV with no strings and no bridge getting ready for a scrub.

Shot of the neck with some of the tools needed.

Better shot away from the socal sunlight.

Backside shot....:yum:

Didn't want to remove the neck from the body since I was really tired and it felt like it has been there since 91 so... I decided to mask of the Blazes so no steel wool gets up in them.

Neck fully mummified.

Fast forward about 45 minutes - it could have been less but I was cleaning the neck while I was watching Training Day - Great movie.

The neck with uber shiny frets and oiled rosewood fretboard. Those green dots seem to almost jump out at me!

Love them shiny frets+green dots :wub:

Finally setup the guitar and here are some shots on my bed.

Truss rod cover is off as I am letting the neck adjust to the much lighter strings.

Nice ass shot.

Love this neck.

Fretboard is soo clean...

Body shots.

Random pics now..

In closing what everyone seems to say about these guitars is definitely true. This neck is by far the fastest playing neck I have ever played. The old school joint doesn't inhibit me from playing the higher frets as well I have long fingers. The blazes on this guitar just destroy my bias against blazes. They seem to be much hotter and sound very very nice.

Hope you guys enjoyed the show.

kthnxbye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 AM

Re: My new '91 UV7BK

sounds very nice. congratz!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 AM

Congrats man! Those old school UV's sounds and play awesome and imo even better than the new UV777 models.

Have loads of fun with her!

Cheers, Sam
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 AM

Congrats!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5

Brosa - gotta agree with you on that as I have played the new UV777BK and it was just soo different.

Thanks Guys.

Tags
rosewood fretboard , steel wool , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode