My new Js 10th - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

My new Js 10th

Hello everyone , I'm from Italy and I'm new on this forum , yesterday I've bought my first Chrome Boy (...to be sure it's not a real chrome boy)its number is 455 , and it's absolutely great....apart from the spots and many other things , SHE was an ex-demo and was lost in a shop for quite two years , pratically it's new and cheap -2000-.
Mate....just a question: I want definetely to play this guitar: is that really true that this Js could lost its chrome??
If someone will answer with his own experience I will be very pleased.
Thanx , Bye , Valerio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 07:42 PM
EKG

I don't have the answers for you, but I would like to cogratulate you on a fine purchase...ENJOY!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 11:00 PM

actually i believe the JS10th you can play. Because of the luthite body the chrome sticks better to the body. the older chromeboys (JS2) were made with a basswood body and had a real tough time keeping the crome on after a while. satch has his all taped up and gunk. so yes, you can do some moderate playing without worrying about the finish. its a beautiful guitar, and unless your planning on racking up some cash for it later on, id say go for it.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 11:02 PM

oh yes and congrats!!! and welcome to the site!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2002, 11:06 PM

congrats !
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 01:37 AM

Glad to hear it! Congrats and welcome to the forum!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 04:53 PM

I owned a couple of chromeboys, still have one.......but the other one i had, a little spot of chrome actually peeled off and the luthite under it could be seen. In the area where it peeled off, the layer of chrome was too thin compared to the rest of the body......one of the unfortunate flaws that Ibanez let go to the consumer. I'm sure a few JS10th owners can relate.
If you want to play it a lot, i suggest you make a clear pickguard out of a thin clear plastic......thin enough so it won't cause pick scratches.......and secure/install it under the two humbucker pickup bezels(loosen bezel screws so you can slip pickguard under, then tighten to hold it in place)...........that's what i did....and it works great. Mine doesnt scratch anything and i've played mine for hours and hours.........not a pick scratch on it so far.
Whatever you do..........do NOT put any kind of tape or glue, or adhesive on the chrome because it will peel the chrome off.
SilversurferII
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer2
I owned a couple of chromeboys, still have one.......but the other one i had, a little spot of chrome actually peeled off and the luthite under it could be seen. In the area where it peeled off, the layer of chrome was too thin compared to the rest of the body......one of the unfortunate flaws that Ibanez let go to the consumer. I'm sure a few JS10th owners can relate.
If you want to play it a lot, i suggest you make a clear pickguard out of a thin clear plastic......thin enough so it won't cause pick scratches.......and secure/install it under the two humbucker pickup bezels(loosen bezel screws so you can slip pickguard under, then tighten to hold it in place)...........that's what i did....and it works great. Mine doesnt scratch anything and i've played mine for hours and hours.........not a pick scratch on it so far.
Whatever you do..........do NOT put any kind of tape or glue, or adhesive on the chrome because it will peel the chrome off.

Thanx to everyone , and thanx Silver.... I'll do what you suggest it looks like a good trick.....
SilversurferII

Tags
basswood body , beautiful guitar , chrome boy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode