My new Jem7vwh - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

My new Jem7vwh

So i made the plunge and sold my Strat to help get JEM. So far im loving it, its a really nice guitar, and pretty well made. Ill probably get another strat in the future, maybe and Eric Clapton sig or something.

This is my first floyd rose actually so I was having problems keeping the trem in tune. I think i got it stable but im not 100% sure, ill have to check it out more tomorrow. How crazy can i go on the trem? Like bar to the body insane? Just wanna get an idea of what to expect from the Floyd Rose.

The neck was a little misaligned but I just loosed the screws and firmly pressed the neck in the proper direction and retightend like i always do and it worked well.

The 9's and the trem seem a little loose to me and may go to 10's. I kinda get tangled up in the 9's when playing fast, and that doesn't happen on my prs and les paul with 10's. Also i dont have much playing experience on a 24 fret guitar so i think im picking further from the bridge where the tension is a little looser. Ill have to just adjust my technique and pick closer to the bridge.

Very fun to play though, and i like the evo's. I screwed down the single coil pickup because it was in my way and i wont use it much on this guitar. It feels cool to play Vai songs on it, and its real fun. All i need now is to make some nice expressive faces while playing

I set the guitar up with like .5mm relief and action at 2mm on the base side and 1.8 on the treble, measured at the 24th fret. What do you guys like it at just curiously?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 AM

Reviews: 10
Re: My new Jem7vwh

glad you like your guitar, and yup you can go nuts with the whammy bar, taking it all the way back and down and it should stay in tune. May go out with new strings if not stretched to begin with but once strings are settled yeah it'll keep in tune with over the top whammy use.

Tags
coil pickup , eric clapton , floyd rose , fret guitar , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode