My new JEM7VWH won't stay in tune :( - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

My new JEM7VWH won't stay in tune :(

I got my first JEM7VWH a little more than a week ago and ever since it hasn't stayed in tune at all. The strings just won't stay in tune, especially when I use the tremolo bar but I don't even have to touch it and it will go flat. Please help me! I am caused extreme emotional distress because my guitar won't stay in tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Vendor

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Er... Currently I am stretching my strings and... So far, rather than going flat they are going sharp The nuts are all loose and the fine tuning knobs are all centered so what could be wrong?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Vendor

You're stretching a single string and instead of it stretching and going flat it's going sharp?!

Or everything is going sharp as you stretch them all, which is normal, finish and then retune the whole guitar.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

After I stretch it the string stays in proper tune for a few moments, but eventually goes sharp.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Vendor

Have you stretched them all yet?

And BTW this should have been posted in the tech section of the forum.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

oops sorry bout that...

I'm done stretching them all now... A weird observation I made was that everytime I pull the bar up it makes me go flat... Everytime I push it down it goes sharp wtf?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Vendor

Your nut is still unlocked?

Now adjust the bridge angle let it rest a couple minutes, check again, then follow lockdown procedure and test it again. Also make sure the nut is snugged up but do NOT ovetrtighten it.

Tags
bridge angle , tremolo bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode