My new JS1 with a new paintjob - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS1 with a new paintjob

I just bought this JS1 from Rich. It had ALLOT of finish issues. So I sent it in to BC Guitars and had them do a new paintjob on it, repair the finish issues in the headstock, and put a new green Ibanez logo on it. Now that its done it will be sent to Christopher Woods for some green LED's in the fretboard!! SWEET!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 PM

Re: My new JS1 with a new paintjob

That is one sweet looking JS Rikk! Can't wait to see it with the LED! Congrats on the fine work.

Paul
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I always wanted one with the rainforest pattern and of course they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I know this looks no where near like the original one done by Satch's sister but I think its just beautiful. PLUS like other discussions it makes it so that if I ever got rid of it someday no one could try and pass it off as a JS5 since I changed the headsatock logo and it would have the LED's in it. BC Guitars can also do the "snake" paintjob which I thought of having them do in the future. THAT would be awesome!! A friend of mine got totally ripped off by E. Roman and he bought that multiple color big face "Donnie replica" from him for $4,000. He thought it was an original and did not know any better and of course Ed never bothered to tell him during the sale that it was a replica.... I ended up trading a guitar to him for it about a month ago. I thought it was kinda cool (it was another JS guitar after all) but not $4,000 cool!!! Ed even changed the trem, tuner knobs, volume and tone knobs, and pick up rings on it.... I felt pretty bad for my buddy.

But I love graphics on guitars so I figured I will find some JS1's (I prefer them over the JS1000) over the next couple years and have BC Guitars paint them up for me!

Rikk
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 04:01 PM

Reviews: 120

That looks great!
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM

Noyce!
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Can you just imagine what she is going to look like with bright green LED's and fibre optic side dots on the fretboard?!?!?!?!? ......drool......
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 06:01 PM

Rikk MY GOD..

That is beautiful.. WOW for once im type-less.. Cant say speechless you cant hear me.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Fantastic. BC does some really nice work.
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
rya

i hate you
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 PM

Lovely!
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 PM

Any chance of seeing pics of the Donnie replica?
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Its the multi colored "Big Faces" model that Roman has on his site. I will take a picture of it though and put it up on here for you to see. Not sure why Roman had them take that Donnie paintjob and put multiple colors in it but..... oh well. Yeah my buddy had no clue. When he went to roman he did not even know what a Donnie Hunt was. He just wanted a really cool Satriani guitar. Like I said... its cool but not $4,000 cool.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Here is a pic of the Donnie from Roman. The trem is the "hardened steel" trem he raves as being SOOOO much better than the Edge. Its a good solid trem and I have had no problems with it. I would say its as good but its not "UNBELIEVABLE HOLY COW WAY WAY BETTER" as he claims they are.....

post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 PM

It does look cool! I like it. Thanks for posting the pic.

Sucks that happened to your friend. He could have had someone do the custom work for a lot cheaper with extra cash left in his pocket. Poor guy.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I know man. I mean crap I will only be into the JS1 that I just got from Rich for the $725.00 I got it from him plus the $500.00 for the paintjob and then what Chris is charging me for the LED's..... A FAR cry from $4,000

Tags
christopher woods , custom guitar , custom guitars , floyd rose , fret board , led inlays , martin sims , pro edge , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode