My new JS1000BP - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

My new JS1000BP

Well, I finally got a JS. I shouldn't say finally, I had a JS2000 for a couple of weeks a few years ago but more on that later.

I was in Sam Ash and came across what I thought was a new JS, from where I was standing it looked new but had a $999 price tag on it. I asked the guy to take it down. I actually thought it might be new since I saw a new Jem go for $1350 at Guitar Center a month earlier and they may have been blowing this one out.

When he did I noticed it was used (2005) but after looking at realized that it was near perfect except for a 1/4" ding on the back side of the middle curve and that it was setup horribly, someone had thrown 10's on it but never adjusted the bridge for the heavier guage. surprising it still played decent though and the tones I heard were incredible. there is not a scratch on this thing, no pick scratches, no other dings, no nothing. It had been sitting there since 7/14/08.

We got to haggling and I got them down to $850 and a setup (free) to take care of high trem issue. Come to find out, the guy that does the setups does not work for the store, but rents space out of the back which meant it was pro setup. I waited around for 1 1/2 hours for him to finish but when he did, OMG it was amazing. They cleaned it, reset the bridge for 10's (i would have liked 9's but he was almost done befoire I noticed the 10's were still on), set the intonation and made it one of the best guitars I have ever played.

I have had a JS2000 but at the time it was too much guitar for me. I actually thought I would never own another JS because like some previous posters, everytime I would pick one up at any of the chain stores, they were terribly setup amd just could not get used to the neck. I have since bought a strat which gave me a better taste of a different neck, much bigger than the Wizard necks I'm used. I'm really glad I tried them again.

I just can't believe how good this guitar plays and sounds. Nothing like my RG's. Incredible feel, it is making me a better player if that makes sense, much easier to play. Tone wise, this thing does it all. It seems a bit middy but that is not a bad thing as I have grown to like more of the mids instead of scooping them back.

All in all, I think I got a steal for a basically new guitar. I've included a couple of P*rn pics

Sorry for the wind!!! It's a long one I know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_5068bb4318364ba2bd2e61437f0cb720.jpg (41.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg l_b24d359adc004b0382c26a0ca8a10a57.jpg (47.0 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by satchmo72; 01-21-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Re: My new JS1000BP

Congrats to a supernice guitar. I agree about the "making me a better player". Its funny how a guitar can make you play things much better and find new riffs you never new.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Reviews: 18

Congrats!

Jimmy

P.S.: Are you going to sell your 2000 now?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

It was sold a few years ago. Probaly a great guitar but I was not at the right spot in my playing to own such a nice guitar. The pickups were way too hot for my teechnical knowledge.

I'd buy another though now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheepo63 View Post
Congrats to a supernice guitar. I agree about the "making me a better player". Its funny how a guitar can make you play things much better and find new riffs you never new.
It is so true, riffs I struggled a bit with before now come off without a hitch.

It is the best guitar I have ever owned.

Tags
js1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode