My new JS1000WH - WOW!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2001, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS1000WH - WOW!!!

Well I am DEFINITELY a JEM guy when it comes to Ibanez guitars. I play all other styles as well but JEMs are my main thing. Well I took a chance and traded a JEM7VBK (player condition) for a MINT JS1000.

Usually when someone uses the word MINT to describe a guitar I automatically think "well its probably a 8 out of 10 realistically". When I pulled this baby out of the Ibanez hard-shell case I was stunned!!! Not a scratch ANYWHERE!! I could not even find polish swirls on the body!! I am wondering if it was played more than 2 times!!!

For all my fellow JEM enthusiasts out there I totally agree when you look at the pictures of the standard JS it does not "stand out" as well as the JEM. You know, no fancy neck inlay, no handle or lion's claw....... but you have to "see" a JS1000WH in person to really appreciate it. The body is so sleek and smooth and the abalone dot inlays REALLY stand out. The guitar looks very elegant and feels unreal.

I play Fenders as well as JEMS so I am use to different size necks. This multi radius neck feels like it is right in between those neck styles so it is just perfect. The action is SOOOO low with no buzz. It needed a slight set up after I got it but it plays like a million bucks now.

The tone is different from the JEM but.... that was expected. I love JEM guitars but I have always been into Satch's tone a little more. The FRED pickup is warm sounding but can really bite if you need it to. The coil tap and high pass filter is very cool. Its not a 75' Strat but its one of the closest facsimiles I have run across on a "rock" guitar.

I played for about 4 hours on this guitar and I am just floored. In no way have I been "converted" rom JEMS but I DEFINITELY have another guitar that ranks right up there with the JEM. In fact I have a feeling I will be playing this guitar a little more than my JEM for some time.

DEFINITELY try out a JS1000 if you get te chance. Its a SWEET guitar!!!

*Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:48 AM

My new JS1000WH

Nice one Rikk.

Do you find, if playing sat down, that the JS has a tendency to slip off your knee?
Minor point.

Let's hear it for the JS!
Yeah!

Guy
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS1000WH

Yes!!! Especially because I use Carnuba guitar wax *But it a SMALL price to pay for such an awesome guitar!! I LOVE THIS AXE! *
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 12:18 AM

My new JS1000WH

I haven't noticed that problem with mine. *I have a BP and boy oh boy is it nice. *The JS has more of a subtle pride to it. *It's almost saying "Yeah, I'm good, but they already know that" the jem is like "HEY DUDE!!!!! *Check me out! *Oh, don't you love my vines????", it's kinda like the meat heads you'd see on a fitness magazine with legs that go past their waist. *They know they're huge, and they flaunt it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 01:51 AM

My new JS1000WH

:rotf:

LOL!

this has got to be the strangest comparison analogy for a guitar i've ever seen in my life...

and its true... in a strange way...

:silly:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-2001, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS1000WH

lol :silly:

Well I am going to be making my JS1000 into a "Hey look at me guitar". I am having Herc do a Donnie paintjob on the front of it (blue faces) and I am going to have him use glow in the dark paint as well. THEN he wil be doing these really cool Donnie fret inlays in mother of pearl that I saw he did on a Radius body Ibanez. I CANT WAIT!!!

BUT I will be buying another normal plain white JS1000 because I LOVE the way it looks just all by itself. I REALLY want a Donnie but dont want to invest 5 to 6 to 7 thousand on one sooooooooooo I saw some Donnie paintjobs that Herc has done and I thought........ what they hell!!!

Tags
abalone dot inlays , coil tap , dot inlay , dot inlays , fret inlay , high pass filter , ibanez guitars , neck inlay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode