My new JS6!! :-) - Well new to me at least!! :-) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS6!! :-) - Well new to me at least!! :-)

Well here she is!! *

If the link is broken just check back soon. Glen told me that it was just a glitch in the forum right now and will be fixed soon

You know what surprised me the most? How LIGHT weight this guitar is!! I think the neck weighs more than the body!! The tone is unreal. I would say that it has more "hi-end" than the JS1000 but not as punchy as the JS10. I guess it would be right in between the 2 models.

WHAT A CLEAN TONE!!!

The clean is just unreal!! 4 finger tapping riffs sound amazing on this baby!! A little "Midnight", "New rays..." on this baby and you are just in heaven!! I cant wait to record with her.

I finally got to play her after 6 days of agonizing. I got her in the mail right when I got all of my new studio stuff so it took about 6 days to get everything back to normal in here so I could even plug her in and jam on her!!!

If anyone is interested I have a couple other pictures I took of her. I will be building a couple new websites for the new studio and an update to my guitars. I will put plenty of pics there (as well as the pics Herc will be emailing me of the stages that my JS1000 is going thru while having the "Donnie" paintjob done to her. I cant wait to get THAT one back!! *:-)

Anyhow I thought a pic of the JS6 would be cool since I searched high and low on the net and could not find one picture of a JS6 anywhere!!! Weird huh?!?!?!

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new JS6!! :-)

Here is another picture of her!! *

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 01:01 AM

Rikk,

Sweet guitar! *I love the natural look of wood on a guitar like this. *Guess some different tunings will be a lot easier on this.
What pickups are on it?

later,
Chris
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

The guitar is basically the same as the JS1000. The pickups are a PAF in the neck and a FRED in the bridge. It has the hi-pass filter and the coil tap.

The only difference aside from the set bridge is that this guitar is mahogany and the JS1000 is basswood.

Sweet guitar though. I really like it. And YUP it will be great for alternate tunings in the studio!! *
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 03:47 AM

beautiful!

~A
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 04:27 AM

Sweet.

I love the simplistic look of the JS6, a real players guitar.

Can't wait to hear those tunes.

Cheers
Steve
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Yay another JS6 owner

Congrats Rikk I got mine to play around with alternate tunings on, but ended up keeping it in standard tuning as it sounds too good to just be used for sonic experiments. Mine is one of my main players :biggrin:
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Jono,

I can see why it is one of your main players. It is a SWEET axe!!! I love this guitar!! Its amazing. The JS1000 JS10 and JS6 all sound different from each other but they are all incredible sounding!!

I have NO complaints on the JS series guitars whatsoever!!

Rikk
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 10:28 AM

Rikk,
you're the luckiest dude in the world.
Can ya touch her 'naked' wood for me? Thanx!

nuno
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 11:17 AM

I LOVE IT !!!!! * *:rotf:

if you give your permission I'll put the images on my site ( ibanez JS site *http://www.geocities.com/louferri )

Pino
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 11:22 AM
Bew

Quote:
Anyhow I thought a pic of the JS6 would be cool since I searched high and low on the net and could not find one picture of a JS6 anywhere!!! Weird huh?!?!?!
Here yah go. *

http://www.geocities.com/whcall/incFiles/guitar.html
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:02 PM

Nice babes, Bew!
Congrats!

nuno

ps: are you affected by G.A.S. too?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:12 PM

if you go to the 'photo' zone of my site (ibanez JS site www.geocities.com/louferri ) you can find other pictures...

BEW nice collection !!!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Pino,

Sure you can post them on there!! I will be making a new site soon to show the JS10, JS6, and my soon to be Herc Fede Donnie (JS1000)

Bew, nice axes man! *:-)
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 12:58 PM
Bew

Hey all, thanks for the compliments. *Nunu, yeah, I have major GAS, but it's on hold for a bit because I just bought a townhouse. *Now I have FAS (furniture acquisition syndrome). * *I actually just traded the UV for a VBK. *It's killer sweet. *I love the PAFs. *

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , body shape , clean tone , coil tap , herc fede , ibanez guitars , les paul , near mint condition , retainer bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode