My new UV77MC and FGM100 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

My new UV77MC and FGM100

Hey guys

After several years of looking for one of these models finally I get one. As probably most of you since the first time I saw the cover of "Passion and warfare" from Mr. Stave Vai I was love with this guitar and his odd design for those times. A few years later, way back I was in L.A. and have the chance to buy one of these guitars, even I had one in my hands, but finallty I bought a RG770DXVM (no regrets on that). So from then this guitaras become more hard to find outside from U.S: and here in Europe it was almost impossible mission to find one. A few years later with the arrival of **** and the new custom markets opening in Europe you could find them occasionally in Germany or U.K. Anyway they became completely collectable and rates are increasing in value. This last years it happens to me that when I got the money to invest in this model I couldn´t find one, so normally I end buying another guitar, and just when I do so... badababoom... appears one for sale... I think it´s the Nemesis of the players and G.A.S. illness... but this time I was ready. One player I meet had one and was thinking to sale, so I was in touch with him, arrange a price and the rest is history.... I must say I will take good care of this beauty.. I treat care and love it for the rest of my life and I promise give her hard sex everyday.

Guitar is from 1991 and plays like butter. It´s in like new condition. No dings chips, or whatever. Completely clean, also no neckjoint marks as usual on this plate models. The finish and the swirl is one of the nicests I´ve ever seen... it has soft colours in yellow, red and green. Guitar is really awesome in person. Any picture can do justice to this beauty, believe me. The sound is completely great. I own another Universe and played with others and this one is the better sounding, not for the model in particular, but always was good care and was played by a pro player so always was set up prooperly an has revisioned frequently. Electronics I think are updated becauause also with same pickups than my UV7BK, this MC sounds more powerfull, with more definition and with more open warm sounds. Quite versatile guitar for a 7 string.

Also, I bought less than a week ago, a FGM100 from 1991 in good condition, just a cople of chips on the paint but the bridge is in good condition for its age and frets are like new. I was replace strings, clean the fingerboard and set up again.

Thanks for stop and watching.

Cheers¡¡¡
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 AM

Re: My new UV77MC and FGM100

Great catches. I hope you have fun.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 AM

Nice MKR swirl. Congrats!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 PM

Nice scores! I've always like the FGM models, especially the rare blue ones. That's a sweet MC too, nice swirl.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 01:11 AM

Nice MC you got there. I always liked MKRs where they used that deep pink that is on the verge of being red.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:04 AM

Sweet axes dude! I love the Gambale model man... really digging the DY

Next axe I get definately gonna be yellow or I'll end up painting it myself lol
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Very nice. I still hope for a UVMC someday. Enjoy!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:05 PM

Both are totally amazing!
How much was the Fgm??
Are they rare to come by now a days?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:26 PM

Nice guitars dude The FGM is a damn nice guitar to play
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Nice scores!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Hi Javi!... I just have seen this thread now

great guitars!
congrats friend!

Dani.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for comments. I´m really happy with guitars after some time testing at my small home studio.

The Universe surprise me because the nice clean tone in all positions, and the high gain sounds are really compensate, not so heavily as other 7 string models... but enough and deep low end to make the neighbours runs... more versatile guitar as I expected. The neck was great as all we know from Ibanez. Ibanez made easy the transaction from a 6 ro 7 strings guitars about the necks, not so big as one can think.

And about the FGM... what can I say.. I´m now looking for another one in Pink Salmon finish (somebody?? sent me a PM). It´s truly amazing. Same thin and ergonomic S form from this models. Love USA pickups.. you can go from more rock or heavy sounds to blues and jazzy tones. All tones are awesome and the neck, same profile as in the 770 is to die for... you know what I´m talking about... flat, thin neck, straight as an arrow but really comfortable, you can stay playing for hours and don´t wanna stop.

IbanezDan: I pay 800 euros for the FGM100 model. And yeah.. they are come pretty rare this days, but with patience you could find one for sure. You only need to things as always... Patience and money. Good luck¡¡¡ I recommend one of these for sure or any S series like the 540 could be great also with same neck profile.

DaniJem: Que pasa tio. Me alegra que te hayas pasado por el post, ya las tengo más o menos 2 meses y estoy encantado. La Gambale es una guitarra excelente. La misma calidad que la 770DX, ese tono a madera por el tiempo... otras pastillas USA diferentes pero joder está genial de verdad. Tiene lo mejor de la 770 (mastil, tono, electronica) pero con la forma de una S. Tienes que pillarte una cuando puedas. Vi tu mensaje y te he añadido aunque no se para que es o como funciona. Ya me dices algo si tu lo sabes.
Well... guys, sorry for words in spanish, Dani is a long time friend because he lived in the same city (a few months ago Dani moved to another hotter place hahah), and we join several times in other Spanish forums etc... Basically I tell him that he needs to find one FGM hehehe...

Cheers¡¡

Last edited by shreddyknight; 08-10-2008 at 06:54 AM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Reviews: 1

well congrats man... and dont worry about the spanish... some of us can read it too...
realmente excepcionales... felicitaciones!!! buen comentario en el tono de la UV
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 AM

Yeah!!!!
What he said
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddyknight View Post
DaniJem: Que pasa tio. Me alegra que te hayas pasado por el post, ya las tengo más o menos 2 meses y estoy encantado. La Gambale es una guitarra excelente. La misma calidad que la 770DX, ese tono a madera por el tiempo... otras pastillas USA diferentes pero joder está genial de verdad. Tiene lo mejor de la 770 (mastil, tono, electronica) pero con la forma de una S. Tienes que pillarte una cuando puedas. Vi tu mensaje y te he añadido aunque no se para que es o como funciona. Ya me dices algo si tu lo sabes.
Well... guys, sorry for words in spanish, Dani is a long time friend because he lived in the same city (a few months ago Dani moved to another hotter place hahah), and we join several times in other Spanish forums etc... Basically I tell him that he needs to find one FGM hehehe...

Cheers¡¡
Hi Javi...

I just have bought a PL1770 year 1987... ( may be is it something like the PGM ?? )... I will post pics when the guitar arrives. I love this guitar with the ebony board and that binding!!.

but I think that surely I must to sell it becouse I want to save my guitar projects. you know... the spanish "luthier(????)", that worked in my projects, ruined them with his very very evil work and he didn't refund my money .
warning! stay way from this fraud fake & false "luthier"!!!

Tags
gambale model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

are ibanez uv77mc collectible?
are ibanez uv77mc collectible?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode