My new UV77MC guitars!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

My new UV77MC guitars!!

Well I have 3 of them now. I love these things!! I was going to get the UV777BK and the UV7BK but I just had to get this last UV77MC I found. The swirl on it is just amazing!!!! The UV77MC on the far right was bought brand new and basically put in a closet for 12 years only to be taken out once to have Vai autograph the back trem cover. This thing is DEAD MINT and came with all the case candy (including the 7 string book, tools, bar, dessi pack lol and Ibanez literature). It still has plastic on the truss rod cover and the 2 back plates that Vai did not autograph. I dont even want to play the thing cause its so friggin mint. But thats what I have the other 2 for!! lol Here are pics of all three of them and of the new one's swirl that I just got in. Unfortunately the new one came in without the original green knobs so I will be looking for a couple of those. I had the neck off in these pics because I was cleaning it (just came in).

You know you would think I played 7 string allot more than I do. Dont get me wrong I play 7 string allot its just I play my JEM7VWH more. Now I have 3 UV7MC's, a UV7PWH, a UV777GR, and my custom EKG 7 string (RB7NWH).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:09 PM
Vendor

Far left

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/gallery/uvmc16.jpg

and far right

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/gallery/uvmc1_2.jpg

[I f'd up in photoshop when I was trying to brighten the shot and saved the thumb over the original, I'll have to get it out and scan again some year, that was long before digicam]

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:09 PM

congratulations. you sure sound like a little kid with a new toy.
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:24 PM

All of a sudden I'm hungry for hot dogs. :P

~K
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydoe
All of a sudden I'm hungry for hot dogs. :P

~K
I happen to like Japanese swirls..........

Rich,

The guy I bought the DEAD MINT one from (far right) said he had bought it from you and it had one prior owner (the original owner) that had bought it and cased it for the entire time he had it. The owner you sold it to played it for a total of 2 hours and then cased it as well.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Vendor

Good story, probably fits the condition, but not the truth
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Okydoky then whats the truth?
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Vendor

Every guitar has a story - That was the first guitar I "picked" for profit motives [I used to be a picker so I do the same thing I always did just with Ibanez now]. Picked that out of Music Sound World in Oklahoma for $1300. Sold it to Sevenstringer [long before he was on the Forum] but he had personal reasons a week later and needed to return it, which I graciously accepted. Sold it to Jeff about a month later. All UVMC's were hot at the time, but I always did like that one. Sill have the "label maker" labels that were on the case stuck to my bedroom mirror, "IBANEZ UNIVERSE UV77" and "USED SPLASH" [like some would tape up their first $1 from a sale]. It's history before MCW was never known [that I remember anyway], but it was definately crisp.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Wow thats cool! Yeah man it is still DEAD MINT. You can tell no one has played the dang thing because the fret board DEFINITELY needs to be conditioned and there is not one sign of wear on any of the frets. Everything is so shiny on it!!!
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:23 AM
Banned

Is Vai's Multi-color Universe the only one with a monkeyy grip or what?
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Vendor

The cool part was it sold for $2500 both times

About 6 months later a killer ATD sold for $3600 on ebay, real bidders too, I think Wayne Strong was the buyer, it was *really* good too!
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by agquake
Yup until someone sends theirs to ATD to have a monkey grip put in and a new swirl done on it!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkbeatty
Quote:
Originally Posted by agquake
Yup until someone sends theirs to ATD to have a monkey grip put in and a new swirl done on it!

Mine is a solid mahogany body with grip and claw, hopefully it will be swirled ASAP

Rikk, I don't like MKR's, but I'm way happy for you, you are happy, I am happy, 3MC's hardly seems far to us swirl deficient people Congrats dude!
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 04:19 AM

Very nice Rikk - kowing you you probably wont have these in a couple of months.....you will have gone back to JEMS to again!

And you probably will have a totally different crop of guitars!
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 08:03 AM

the one far left is my fave

Tags
atd swirl , fret board , green dimarzio , les paul , mahogany body , monkey grip , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode