My opinion on the best Jem/UV - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

My opinion on the best Jem/UV

Like anything including guitars the best guitars are the ones not on ebay and the ones everyone keeps. So i would think the ones u find on the web most frequently are the least enjoyed jems by the majority of society. Thats my Opinion not trying to set up a brawl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 09:49 PM

It's also got to do with circulation - there are many more 7v's out there than BFPs, plus they're still readily available. *Is the 7v better than a BFP? *It's very VERY subective - the only thing those two guitars have in common is the shape and a few other asthetics. * (for the record, my BFP kicks the crap out of ANY 7v :biggrin: *)

Jems are going on their 14th year of production at this point - guitars get played 'til their deaths, they get 'frankenstein'd', people sometimes just get new guitars, but hold onto their old ones for sentimental reasons.

Look in the used car ads. *You'll find more '95s than you will '85s...does that mean you'd be better off buying an '85? *yes, it depends on the car...but for the most part, people would rather have a newer model.

I disagree that the 'better ones' are the more 'in demand' ones. *I think it's just time and production amounts.

~Kenny
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Good point
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 02:30 PM

Hey

I love the BFP. It is my all time favourite jem. I got a uv77mc two days ago, being my first ibanez, it kicks major rear. I think its great.

When did you buy your BFP ? How much did you pay ? A real shame it went out of production so fast. In my opinion the BFP is way cooler than the FP.

Take care !
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Quote: from BronzeMan on 1:30 pm on Nov. 2, 2001

I love the BFP. It is my all time favourite jem. I got a uv77mc two days ago, being my first ibanez, it kicks major rear. I think its great.

When did you buy your BFP ? How much did you pay ? A real shame it went out of production so fast. In my opinion the BFP is way cooler than the FP.
Way cooler.

I 'stole' my BFP in a well-publicized coup here on the Jemsite this past March. *Some moron had one listed on H-C "Ibenez 77 Jem - This is a black guitar wtih nice blue flowers on it."

I bought it for $700 in 8.5-9 condition. *I exchanged the cosmo black hardware for Gold and, put an Evo in the Bridge and a Virtual 2 in the middle.

What turned me on about the guitar the most was that it was the only maple board with a vine. *The gold compliments the maple board beautifully.

I have a UV777BK too (replaced ALL the pickups in it), but it doesn't get nearly as much play on a gig as the BFP does. *I just can't relate to rosewood as well.

I laugh and laugh when i see people like the guy right now on e**y trying to sell his bfp for $3000. *What a douche. *It's a nice guitar - it's a great guitar...but $3000?!!? *For that price it better come with about 20 private lessons with Mr. Vai! *(or Jenna Jameson, whoever's available)

~Kenny

Edit: Reported to the Department of redundancy department

(Edited by kennydoe at 2:25 pm on Nov. 2, 2001)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 08:39 AM

I got my BFP in August 1992 from a shop in MASS. for $1260 including case and UPS delivery to NYC.

Best $1260 I have ever spent!

my baby is here

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...tlePiggies.JPG

(btw its the one in the middle )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 01:44 PM

Got my BFP in 1990 with the help of agood friend. He's driving through the land and looking for used gear. One day he called me and told me that he saw a nice guitar with blue flowers and a special grip for 500 $. I begged him to buy it for me and since this day i played her. The problem is, i played her so much,that dirt is on fret 1-5. I don't know how to get off the dirt, but she plays very fine. Later i changed the bridge
PAF pro with an EVO.

Tags
cosmo black hardware , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode