My pics from the VIP Joe Satriani package! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

My pics from the VIP Joe Satriani package!

I won the meet & greet at Long & McQuade in Ottawa, took my best buddy Matt to meet Joe Satch himself and get our favorite axes signed. What a blast! Front row center seats to top it off...just unreal. One of the highlights of my musical career for sure !!!! Killer show. Love the new album too. He is super chill and down to earth. Asked him if he was going to release a signature combo amp with Marshall, he said yes! Enjoy! Pictures were taken with my Samsung Note 2. Awesome concert phone/camera !!!! Highly recommend it. Blows away any iphone I ever had. Here is the link; I made the folder on Facebook "public" let me know if it works! Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8eff3b1a10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM

Re: My pics from the VIP Joe Satriani package!

Congrats! Looks like a great time!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM

Awesome! Looks like there was a good crew there. I've only been to the NAC once to see Mamma Mia. Whats the sound like there for a rock show?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughlinkelly View Post
I won the meet & greet at Long & McQuade in Ottawa, took my best buddy Matt to meet Joe Satch himself and get our favorite axes signed. What a blast! Front row center seats to top it off...just unreal. One of the highlights of my musical career for sure !!!! Killer show. Love the new album too. He is super chill and down to earth. Asked him if he was going to release a signature combo amp with Marshall, he said yes! Enjoy! Pictures were taken with my Samsung Note 2. Awesome concert phone/camera !!!! Highly recommend it. Blows away any iphone I ever had. Here is the link; I made the folder on Facebook "public" let me know if it works! Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8eff3b1a10
Fantastic! I had Joe sign my 2410 as well! Such a nice and humble guy!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 07:20 PM

Reviews: 10

wow that is awesome you won the meet & greet! that would have been incredible...congrats man! great pics too - looks like you had an amazing time! I am so jealous...but happy for you
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM

Congrats!!! I'm jealous of the met and greet man... Just saw Joe in Albany, NY on the 2nd and it was awesome... great show
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:03 PM

VERY cool. Satch is from a town where I lived on Long Island for many years.

Funny story...at a place I worked, near this town, one day (this is about 1994 or 95), my boss comes up and asks if I've ever heard of 'Joe Satriani'. I say yes and he points over at the lady and tells me she was his Mom.

I introduced myself and told her how the Blue Dream album was my fave at the time...I think I mentioned the song 'I Believe' as one of my faves on the CD and she said the same, etc. She brought me a bunch of picks and signed photos on a later visit, etc...which was extremely nice.

One day, she was going on about how 'Joe and little Stevie(Vai) would be up in Joe's room all day and night playing the guitar'...or words to that effect.

Wow...1st post on the site...just joined 30 mins ago after picking up a JS1200 after years (nearly 30) of playing Fenders and Gibsons. Absolutely loving the JS12. What a precision instrument compared to what I'm used to.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 PM

Joe is a very cool guy to talk to. I was abit starstruck when I met him at the 25th of Surfing. Dave Weiner though is so easy to talk to that we spent 30 minutes with him at a Vai Meet and Greet..

Tags
joe , satriani , vip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode