My UV777BK neck is lacking a guitar body. Help? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2003, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

My UV777BK neck is lacking a guitar body. Help?

Hi everyone,
I've managed to acquire a UV777Bk neck which has a few dints and I reckon I need some work on it, even better, add some chrome vine inlays on it.
More importantly, I need a guitar body to go along with it. I was thinking, maybe a standard UV body with monkey grip, black and white swirls on it..and the necessary routing, trem holes etc on it.

Where can I get all this done? Do I have to buy a separate unfinished body from EKG and get it swirled at LMG? And I suppose I need some hardware parts too..where can i get them?

Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm not located in the USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 01:19 AM

hey i'll buy the neck from you
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 03:33 AM

Hi dude,I'd definately go EKG for body,LGM for chrome vine on neck (and any fixing it may need) as far as i know LGM does'nt "sell" swirling,Try About Time Designs or Herc Fede I have'nt linked to any of the above as not all of them are Vendors on here,But they all have links on my website or a quick google will show em all up ;-)

Check EKG's website,He's done some mega Universe bodies

Check LGM's website and do a search on here for Chrome Vine,You'll see plenty of good stuff

As for hardware,Go to the big banner that says Ibanez Rules,Rich will sort you out.

Hope that helps your cause

Rob
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 07:15 AM

ATD is also now selling JEM/UV/PGM replacement bodies. You could buy a clawed/griped/routed/swirled uv body from him.
I think he gives some sort of discount when you buy a body and swirl it.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Hmm..so that means, there's no 'one shop does all' place I could go for both neck and body I guess..so I think I should go to either ATD or Fede custom shop to get the entire body done first...after that I'll tackle the neck problem I guess..I've just emailed both of them, including LGM....gonna wait for their response..thanks guys!

However...if I'm to sell this neck, what's the usual market price? Its got two very small (1cm) nicks on the headstock though..
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2003, 04:22 PM

£50 ;-) I'll give ya cash

Seriously,It's worth what someone is willing to spend on it,I wont say how much my UV's neck's have cost,1 your able to find out no doubt,But the other scares the hell outta me,I must be cerrazzzy

The best way i guess is to list it on eBay with a reserve of around £1000 - $1000 as no-one will pay that much,And see what the highest bid is :-)

I do however remember a BK neck on e*ay.de about 2 years ago go for £90

Rob
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Hmm..I haven't gotten a reply from LGM, ATM or Fede Custom shop either...anyone knows how long it usually takes for them to reply? Or could it be something wrong with my yahoo server..

I think if this project is too much of a hassle, I might just sell the UV neck...does US$150 with shipping sound reasonable? heh
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 10:28 PM

I,LL PAY THAT
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Vendor

I think we'd all pay that, depending on the dents of course
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 05:49 AM

Jeremy at LGM is on vacation till like the 5th of November I believe. All the places you mentioned returned my e-mails within a week. They get pretty busy but are worth the wait, trust me.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Hmm..is my price too low? haha Can I raise it to 200US heheh

Ok..I'll get my camera frm the office soon..and take some pics of the little dents...its really no big deal, erm at least to me that is
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 02:01 AM

triaxis, I did return your email today, sorry for the delay, as Mercjoe said, i was away on vacation for a week
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Hey,
No problem at all
I've also emailed ATD...I'll wait for their reply too as well..thanks!

Tags
chrome vine , chrome vine inlay , custom shop , guitar body , herc fede , monkey grip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode