My very first Jem! - Can it be true?! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

My very first Jem! - Can it be true?!

Okay, I realize that everyone and their best friend's dog's previous master have done a post like this, but I'M SO EXCITED that I just had to tell someone... because wife doesn't care.
My Jem7VWH is on it's way to me... YAHOO!!!!! :silly:
I can't believe I'm really getting one. *I have been dying to get one for the past 2 years, and it's finally time. *I did the whole, "If I get an RG570, it's close enough." *But no longer... I played the Jem7V and knew that there was no turning back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 11:46 PM

My very first Jem!

Congrats man. Sweet piece.

I plan on getting one eventually too.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 05:54 AM

My very first Jem!

Yep. Know that feeling. I don't need Jem, it's just a flashy RG. Aw, I'll play one anyway. Minutes later the old bank account started screaming in agony...
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 10:27 AM

My very first Jem!

Quote:
Quote from 7 Dying Trees posted on 5:54 am on Sep.11, 2001
bank account started screaming in agony...
Know the feeling too, 7 Dying Trees.
But I know I will own one... someday.

bachle7: congrats with your new axe !

Cheers,
Joten
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 03:33 PM

My very first Jem!

Sweet axe! Congrats.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

My very first Jem!

IT'S HERE!!!! *Wow, my hands were quivering as I opened the case. *I had that "excited 8 year old on Xmas morning" feeling. *I just stared at it for 5 minutes before even touching it. *I figured that it would need some major setup since it was practically straight from the factory, but it was perfectly in tune. *I ran my fingers across the strings while it was sitting in the case and it made the most beautiful crystal-clear sound!
I have my very own Jem7VWH!!!!!! *It is the most beautiful guitar I have ever seen/heard in my life. *No more wanting, wishing, and searching... it's finally all mine. *-Andy
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 03:09 PM
rvj

My very first Jem!

Andy, congratulations!!! I remember posting a while back about you having to wait for your 7VWH. Well the wait is finally over. So, how do you like it? Awesome guitar is'nt it? I know I just love mine. Good luck & rock on. --rvj
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 03:48 PM

My very first Jem!

Congrats Andy!
It's truly a fine piece of engineering art so play it to your fingers bleed! Have fun!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2001, 04:02 PM

My very first Jem!

Quote:
Quote: from GhesQi J on 10:27 am on Sep. 11, 2001
Quote from 7 Dying Trees posted on 5:54 am on Sep.11, 2001
bank account started screaming in agony...

Know the feeling too, 7 Dying Trees.
But I know I will own one... someday.

bachle7: congrats with your new axe !

Cheers,
Joten
we certainly do !

(Edited by one less than none at 4:08 pm on Sep. 15, 2001)
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 02:12 AM

My very first Jem!

awww.. posts like these rekindle that love-at-first-sight feeling ..
so i'm going to get up and play agro for a while

~A
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2001, 03:15 AM

My very first Jem!

I'm getting all teary eyed.........................
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

My very first Jem!

Although my new Jem is setup very well, it's not perfect. *I noticed a little buzzing at frets 2& 3; I looked at the neck and it is straight as an arrow. *I need to put a little bow in it. *I think I'm going to swap out the gold LoPro for a black Edge, too. *I can't stand the thought of wearing off that pretty gold trem! *Has anyone else done this too?

I haven't even touched any of my other guitars since my Jem arrived!!!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2001, 02:55 PM

My very first Jem!

play the hell out of it man!!!

I love the look of well played and worn V's as much as I love the look of the prestine untouched ones!!!

if it bothers you that the gold has rubbed off you can alway pick a new lo-pro up for $200 (approx) in two or three years time, and make $100+ back on the old one second hand on evil-bay or here.

Steve
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 11:42 AM
rvj

My very first Jem!

Andy, by all means PLAY IT! Mine shows some wear on the upper two saddles, but not the entire trem. I know this can be costly but I'll replace the saddles as needed on my VWH. I've replaced several gold bridges on my Les Paul, after actually wearing off quite a bit of metal! So, I can relate to this frustration. I've also thought about clear coating the trem to make it more durable. Has anybody ever done this? --rvj
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 07:52 PM

My very first Jem!

Quote:
Quote: from bachle7 on 11:08 am on Sep. 15, 2001
IT'S HERE!!!! *Wow, my hands were quivering as I opened the case. *I had that "excited 8 year old on Xmas morning" feeling. *I just stared at it for 5 minutes before even touching it. *
I know exactly how you feel :thumbsup: *I just got my first Jem too. *But I'm 31 and have been wanting one since I was 17 back in 1987. *Could never afford it until recently. *I found an unplayed, mint Jem77FP (circa 1999 make) with lopro trem. *That was always my favorite Jem next to the swirls, so I'm extremely happy. *Those guitars feel like nothing in the world next to you IMHO.

Happy playing on your new Jem...I know I'm enjoying mine.

Tags
beautiful guitar , clear coat , gold trem , les paul , lopro trem , parker fly , parker fly classic , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode