Neck plate LNG. Need help PLS - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Neck plate LNG. Need help PLS

Before i got my LNG number 205 it got a better neck. I think the plate 871255 belong to the other neck.

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery/showi...mageuser=51519

In my documents i got a sticker with serialnumber 870609 that should be
the neckplate on this LNG. The guitar came all the way from Australia to Norway and i did not noticed this deviation before i had this baby in my arms.

I would very much like to get in contact with the owner of the other LNG that should have my neckplate, and do a trade. Unfortunately the seller cant't help.

How important is to have the other plate. Could it be normal that the plate follows the neck rather then stay with the body.

PLS anyone.

Last edited by Stensen; 01-03-2015 at 05:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 05:48 AM

Re: Neck plate LNG. Need help PLS

So you're worried that the neckplate matters but are OK with having a new neck? In terms of originality it's gone anyway, so at this point I'd let it go.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 06:10 AM

If the neck plate says, "JEM" on it and starts with, "87" don't worry about it.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2014, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
So you're worried that the neckplate matters but are OK with having a new neck? In terms of originality it's gone anyway, so at this point I'd let it go.
No i dont like that it got a new neck. But after all it's a bit better because the other had a crack. I found some old ad's on the 205. But of course if i new this before i bought it i may pass. But i also heard that it it's not that abnormally to make a good Jem out of two guitars to get one i better condition.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode