Necks on Jems - whats got what? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Necks on Jems - whats got what?

Greetings all,

I am wondering about the necks on Jems. Since I aquired my own, I've been researching these little animals some more and seeking out others who play or own them. (things have an addictive quality to em) What I have discovered is in contrast to what I find on paper.
I own an 89 FP - love that neck
Played a DY * * - Wizard neck I assume. Feels like a better RG
Played a BSB * - Don't know what to make of it. Doesn't feel like my FP or a Wizard
Played the one with the tar looking finish. (I know the model name, slipped my mind) Anyways, neck feels different from the rest again to me.
So. To the point: How many variations of neck combinations are there on the Jem? And how do they compare to each other? I hear alot of rave for the 7vwh. Is that neck different too?

oh yeah, one last note. I'm not even the least concerned about the 555's or Jr's. I won't even bother to give a second look to anything sporting a TRS trem. Had one on my first JS. And its a shame Iby even uses them on any guitar.

Best Regards to all,
Chadwick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 09:44 PM

Necks on Jems

Quote:
cghurl01 on 9:31 pm on Mar. 20, 2002
oh yeah, one last note. I'm not even the least concerned about the 555's or Jr's.
The 555 IS the Jr.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 10:23 PM

Necks on Jems

DY, SK, LNG, all had the original JEM profile, wizard profile was only on the VDY, VSK, and then the VBK, DNA, and DBK (the tar finish one) *FP neck was a little different. *BSB I think is about like the FP and VWH. *The rest are basically the Jem neck profile, you can check out all the specs here on Jemsite though

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/spec.htm

There's the specs link
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2002, 10:24 PM

Necks on Jems

Hey, are you the dude from the Racer X forum too???

Tags
jem neck , jem neck profile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode