Need help about 7DBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
AvY

Need help about 7DBK

Hi,

I've found an online site selling 7DBK for $889 brand new. It's www.wholesalemusic.com. Have anyone ever dealt with them? They only have PO Box address so I'm not sure if it's safe to order from them. Any suggestion?

BTW, today I tried to trade my RG7620 for a used 7DBK ($899) at Guitar Center. They told me that my RG worth only $350! And they needed $560 from me to trade. Man! They tried to rip me off!

Any suggestion on getting 7DBK would be appreciated. I really love it. The neck is soooooo fast. I can play the same solo 25% faster than on my RG. Unbelievable pickup also! Goooddd... I need it!

Thanks
AvY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 09:15 PM

Need help about 7DBK

...and a case is only $25...
But you know it isn't the UV1000C case for $25!!

I saw that price on wholesalemusic, but I don't feel comfortable buying from a 'company' with a half-assed website like that. You may want to check out all of their return policies, warranties, do they inspect the guitar before they ship, etc. Also- are they in stock...

If you're shooting for a low price, I'd go with http://www.indoorstorm.com/ ; they quoted me $960 for the 7DBK, and after I called them, the sales guy was going to throw in a generic hardshell case.

For only a teensy bit more, you can get one from Rich over at Ibanez Rules (as I have just done). I spoke with him on the phone and he sounded like a great guy. You also know that the guitar has been inspected and set up before it's sent to you. And (yes I have a case fetish), it comes with the UV1000C case included in the quoted price.

Just my 2 cents,

-Ben
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 11:31 PM

Need help about 7DBK

Okay, what am I missing? *When I click on the link it goes straight on over to dellhost.com. *Did they go out of business today?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:09 AM

Need help about 7DBK

HA! I just noticed that too! Only a few days ago they were up-and-running. I wonder what happened... I hope no one bought anything from them recently...

-Ben
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:11 AM

Need help about 7DBK

Just to clarify-
I wasn't talking about Indoor Storm; I was talking about 'Wholesale Music'. The people at Indoor seem like decent folks.

-Ben
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Need help about 7DBK

I'd like to also back up *"Indoor Storm" friends of mine have been very happy with purchases from there

They've got an ESP custom shop M2 in (it's been there for ages) that I may get round to buying one day
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 01:26 PM

Need help about 7DBK

I don't find IndoorStorm's price much of a deal. I mean, add $100 to their price for a case and it's $1060 already, while for a few more bucks, you can get the guitar checked and setup (from what I hear) buying from our old bro Rich. That's definitely where I'll buy mine (once I get a job that is) :biggrin:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 05:34 PM

Need help about 7DBK

That's exactly why I bought from Rich instead of Indoor Storm. My shiny-new (well, clumpy-black new) 7DBK is due to arrive next Wednesday!

-Ben
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 05:40 PM

Need help about 7DBK

That link brings me to a Dell site, but if I type the address in then I can get to the Wholesalemusic.com site. *Never heard of it before so be careful.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
AvY

Need help about 7DBK

Thanks for feedback guys. I think I better go with Rich if he sets up the guitar before shipping.

They (wholesalemusic) don't post price on their site anyway. You have to send them an e-mail. Sorry about the link. It's www.wholesalemusic.com . If you put . at the end, it'll bring you to dell site. Funny, isn't it?

Can anyone tell me what's the final price if I buy it from Rich? I may neet to safe some more money first.

Thanks!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 08:28 PM

Need help about 7DBK

Click on the IBANEZ RULES! banner in the top-right corner of the page, it'll take you to his site. He recently quoted me $1100 cased. Ask him about the shipping rates. Rock on!!

Tags
custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode