Need help finding a new pickguard - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Need help finding a new pickguard

Hey guys! I just got my first Jem. It's a 2003 7VWH with the ebony fretboard. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan! I would post pictures, by I don't have 20 posts. yet. I'm more of a HH man, not a HSH man. I want to get a new pickguard that's HH. Does anyone know where I can get one? I searched but didn't find much. Any help?? Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 AM

Re: Need help finding a new pickguard

IMHO, a Jem with HH configuration doesn't feel right. Doesn't look right either. So, since you've just scored a 7VWH, and not digging the single coil in the middle, just do some soldering to hook up the 2 humbuckers and just let the single coil attached to the guard, but unsoldered.

Looks the same, and still you have the HH configuration you've wanted. My 2 cents.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_foes View Post
IMHO, a Jem with HH configuration doesn't feel right. Doesn't look right either. So, since you've just scored a 7VWH, and not digging the single coil in the middle, just do some soldering to hook up the 2 humbuckers and just let the single coil attached to the guard, but unsoldered.

Looks the same, and still you have the HH configuration you've wanted. My 2 cents.
+1
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM

Thumbs down Re: Need help finding a new pickguard

SeizeTheDave: Seize the Single Coil!!!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:16 AM

I'm going to do something radical by actually answering your question. :P I believe Pickguard Paradise sells H-H pickguards that fit your guitar. Not sure though. But if you want my personal opinion, I would tell you to leave it as it is. Give it a couple of weeks. Maybe you will realize that it actually looks really cool and maybe even sounds good?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:47 AM

Reviews: 4

Don't do it. Unsolder the single-coil and lower it so it is facing the pickguard.
That way, it won't get in the way of your picking nor will it have the sounds you do not want.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

1 week later...

Pickguard Paradise has them for about $100. I think I'm just going to lower the single and rewire it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Tags
jem pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode