need help with jem 7v serial numbers - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

View Poll Results: need help on serial number
need help on serial numbers 0 0%
need help 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Question need help with jem 7v serial numbers

hello everyone, i just bought a 2009 jem 7v off e-baylast week, my names ron, im from louisville, ky. the guitar was in mint, immaculant shape, i had it professionally set up, plays great, im playing it thru 2 marshal double stacks, jcm tsl 3, and a jvm 410, plugged into a boss gt-10 processor pedal, i have tried all kind of sights to see if the guitar is fake, every thing on the guitar looks ginuine, according to the specs & pics. on the sights, neck on back has made by j team made in japan, looks like in silver, with letters ce, off to the side, evry thing lines up & looks real, the only thing im not sure about is the serial number, it is BR 080732, supposedly, in 2004 they changed the letter to f and went to 7 numbers on newer jems, can anyone help me with these numbers, is it from japan?, someone that knows, get back please, this guitar has different letters, and 6 numbers, is it real? did ibanez change the letters & numbers again, it looks really realthe guy on e-bay said it was made in japan, was only 6 months old, used it in his studio, only 6 times, it looks brand new, you people on here are a bunch of jerks, this is the first ibanez i ever bought or owned, sorry you all are such experts, i just asked for a little help, excucse me , some of you are a bunch of hard hearted, finger pionting, casting stones at people, judgemental, incompassionate, people, remember with what mearsure you judge others, you will be judged back, so keep on being your hypricritical, judgemental self, what you sow you reap, down the road, its going to come back to you, treat others as you would have them to treat you, all bible, word of God, learn to have a little compassion with others, he who shows no mercy, will recieve no mercy, God said it, not me, im just quoting what God said, and he backs his word, you people could be a little nicer, remember what you do to others, how you treat them, God will do the same to you, alls i asked was a question, i didnt need all your bs, incompassionate crap, and if you want to still be nasty, after i post this, you got God to deal with now, because im a minister, i thought you people could help me, apparantly not, just critisize people, its coming back, what you sow you reap, wait till it happens to you, and it will, maybe not a guitar, but something will come up, its called what you sow you reap,what goes around comes right back around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn.jpg (2.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg tnn.jpg (3.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg tnnn.jpg (4.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rond3491; 02-10-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: need to add pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Re: need help with jem 7v serial numbers

A. are you jembr asking this question again?

B. Ibanez has never used BR in a serial number.

C. They have always been F for Fujigen made Jems. Only ones that would not be are the Jem 555 from Korea or Jem333.

D. If you bought it on the 'bay, yes, you got scammed.

E. If you are jembr, was it really necessary to ask this question again? A few people answered already in the 3 similar threads that were made about this guitar by you already.

F. A poll?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

and if he's not jembr, you might want to offer the guy and apology for the post above...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:40 PM

Both posters spell site "sight", so what are the chances?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 05:50 PM

Fake anyway.
Jim
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
and if he's not jembr, you might want to offer the guy and apology for the post above...
It was the same fake serial number as jembr's posts. Unless all fake Jem7wh's have the same serial on them. They probably do. I wouldn't doubt it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Oh lord, look at the "team J craft" printing. YUCK!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rond3491 View Post
hello everyone, i just bought a 2009 jem 7v off e-baylast week, my names ron, im from louisville, ky. the guitar was in mint, immaculant shape, i had it professionally set up, plays great, im playing it thru 2 marshal double stacks, jcm tsl 3, and a jvm 410, plugged into a boss gt-10 processor pedal, i have tried all kind of sights to see if the guitar is fake, every thing on the guitar looks ginuine, according to the specs & pics. on the sights, neck on back has made by j team made in japan, looks like in silver, with letters ce, off to the side, evry thing lines up & looks real, the only thing im not sure about is the serial number, it is BR 080732, supposedly, in 2004 they changed the letter to f and went to 7 numbers on newer jems, can anyone help me with these numbers, is it from japan?, someone that knows, get back please, this guitar has different letters, and 6 numbers, is it real? did ibanez change the letters & numbers again, it looks really realthe guy on e-bay said it was made in japan, was only 6 months old, used it in his studio, only 6 times, it looks brand new
Please post the auction number, I'd like to see how I missed it when it was live.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Why do people always ask if its fake AFTER they buy it? It annoys me to no end, use your common sense people!

Also, if you want help deciding if its fake try using a little bit bigger pictures so we can actually see the guitar
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 07:08 AM

I think most Jem n00bs (sorry, what else can we call them?) get all excited upon buying what they think is genuine and then Google how awesome it is to have a Jem then they find good old Jemsite and find out they got scammed.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM

My favorite part is how they insist that it "looks real", even for the ones where it's blatantly obvious to any of us that it looks terrible. Not that "n00bs" should know just from looking at it that it's wrong, but couldn't you Google the model number and compare what you're buying to various pictures? In 99% of cases, this alone should reveal to anyone with a working pair of eyeballs that the purchase they are considering is not what it purports to be.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

oh dear Lord.........

Tags
jem 7vwh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode