Need a Micro-Jem - About 2-3 inches - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Need a Micro-Jem - About 2-3 inches

I'm gettin' married in July 2003 and would like the Groom figurine on top of the wedding cake to have a JEM strapped on him (yeah, the future Mrs. Haug is aware of this). *I'm surprized that Future Primitive (the company that makes those pins of instuments you see in the stores) doesn't already make such a staple rock-n-roll guitar pin or pendant already since JEMs were often used in ads for other guitar-related products. *But this is the size I'm thinking of. *So, I was wondering if anyone does this kind of thing for a hobby or a living or possibly knows someone who'd be really good at it. *It'd be a great side thing to offer to Jem enthusiasts, anyway. *I'd be way interested in a pin that matches each Jem I own anyway.

BTW-I wasn't sure if this belonged in one of a few other topics but since it's JEM related, I decided on this topic.

Thanks in advance.
Mike 777 Haug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 04:20 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

If you'd like a really good, band where the guitar player happens to play a Jem-BFP and/or a UV777PBK on every gig, give me a call. *I'm local

~Kenny
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:00 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

Here's the easy way:

Get your favorite Jem pic and take it to the Office Depot or anywhere you can get a color copy with size reduction. *You may have to repeat the process several times to get it down to the size you need, then trim around the edge of the guitar. Go over to the craft supply or art supply and get a small sheet of balsa. Use an Exacto knife and cut out the profile. Use a glue stick and attach your Jem pic to the balsa. Done deal.

SS
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Vendor

Need a Micro-Jem

Iain made me a mini Donnie about 3 1/2", could have been further reduced. You take an already reduced print and put it on this shrink stuff and bake it. Very nice, about a mm think and very sturdy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 02:36 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

Quote:
Rich on 10:06 pm on Feb. 24, 2002
Iain made me a mini Donnie about 3 1/2", could have been further reduced. You take an already reduced print and put it on this shrink stuff and bake it. Very nice, about a mm think and very sturdy.
This is what I was going to post The paper is just an Avery shrink paper. You just print whatever you want on the paper, cut it out, bake it. It reduces the original print to about 1/3rd the size, and about 1mm thick, as Rich said. The trick is getting the two sides to match up
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 05:00 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

Slightly off topic, but my guitar teacher made a 2/3 size 7VWH for his (18 month old) son - vine and everything - and showed it to steve backstage on the AUW tour.. he seemed quite impressed, and even played a quick lick on it

He also made a PRS for his daughter when she was around the same age
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 09:33 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

Quote:
rilla on 5:00 pm on Feb. 25, 2002
Slightly off topic, but my guitar teacher made a 2/3 size 7VWH for his (18 month old) son - vine and everything - and showed it to steve backstage on the AUW tour.. he seemed quite impressed, and even played a quick lick on it

He also made a PRS for his daughter when she was around the same age
Cool! *Did he put "MINI-EVO" under the bridge? *:biggrin: *"He's exacly like you in every way, only 1/8 your size."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 05:14 PM

Need a Micro-Jem

heheh, not quite... "EVO III"

so if theres another addition to Vai's evo familly, and he skips number 3.. you know why

(Edited by rilla at 10:19 pm on Feb. 27, 2002)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how does the fender micro tilt work

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode