need some help on chrome boy values - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

need some help on chrome boy values

Hey all...the time has come for me to sell my js10th. I'm not very sure about what to ask for it though. It's sitting in the top of my closet right now wrapped up in a sheet and has been for 4 years...before that, it was sitting in my other closet. It doesn't come out of its case... ever. Anyway, my question is on the value. I know ed Roman guitars is charging what seems to be a lot, I see one on ebay for 4800.00 out of country though. Not that it matters where it comes from if it's the real deal obviously. I just thought I'd get some opinions on it.

Right now the only pics I have are on the js10 site, but I can post links yet so it's #350 if anyone wants to see the pics. I'd say it's got to be a 9 out of 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Re: need some help on chrome boy values

Any suggestions guys/girls?
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

My advice would be to ignore Ed Roman and go off ebay sold items. And maybe wait till Joe releases a new CD
jono is online  
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I know Ed Roman is way to high on his prices. I only see 1 on ebay currently, haven't seen any recently sold ones.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:03 PM

Are you selling here or on eBay?

If the later, putting it up with a low-for-a-JS10th reserve (say, $2k) and seeing what happens is your best bet - see what the market will bear. Though, I agree, Joe's slated to release an album this year, so selling it shortly after the release may get you the most interest.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I'd rather sell it here or local...no fees and worry about frauds. Prices I don't know about though
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 AM

I live in NJ. Maybe if we can work on a price I might take it off your hands, but sorry I'm not paying 4800 on Ed Romans asking price.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Ed Romans price is much higher than 4800. Ebay has one for 4800 and mine looks a lot better than that.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

4800 USD seems cheap to me... I'd not let mine go for that little!
jono is online  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:23 PM

Sellers can ask their price all they want but if the consumers/buyers are not willing to pay whats the "asking price" is, its going to stay cold for a while, thats why there's not much sold history with this guitar on ebay cuz sellers are asking too much..But to each its own..
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon1211 View Post
Sellers can ask their price all they want but if the consumers/buyers are not willing to pay whats the "asking price" is, its going to stay cold for a while, thats why there's not much sold history with this guitar on ebay cuz sellers are asking too much..But to each its own..
It's a fact that the guitar is rare though, so it's value is only going to increase over time. I don't think I'd let mine go for less than 6k. It will be worth at least double that later on.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
It's a fact that the guitar is rare though, so it's value is only going to increase over time. I don't think I'd let mine go for less than 6k. It will be worth at least double that later on.
If you actually believed that then you'd be a fool for selling it so cheap now?

The last Mint Minus 10th I sold went to an actor at $5250. That was $5000 and an added Silver setup package. Person to person sale should never expect to get dealer retail. The simple fact is the buyer has to believe it's in the exact condition stated because most owners overgrade, overvalue, and only take glam pictures that make it look like the guitar is flawless. It's a 10th, it's not flawless. I have another brand new in box untouched, it's not flawless.

Last edited by Rich; 01-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If you actually believed that then you'd be a fool for selling it so cheap now?

The last Mint Minus 10th I sold went to an actor at $5250. That was $5000 and an added Silver setup package. Person to person sale should never expect to get dealer retail. The simple fact is the buyer has to believe it's in the exact condition stated because most owners overgrade, overvalue, and only take glam pictures that make it look like the guitar is flawless. It's a 10th, it's not flawless. I have another brand new in box untouched, it's not flawless.
All of the 10ths had some chrome issues, so I agree there. I can just hold on to mine and it can stay wrapped up in the top of my closet until it picks up on its value ☺
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Vendor

They can just as easily do a 30th in Chrome and finally get it right, decreasing the value of all previous attempts. Or the US economy can tank in a world collapse. Thinking you know what is going to happen with a collector market is going to be as accurate as a coin flip.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

They could, but imo the value is still going to go up whether sooner or later.

Tags
chrome boy , ibanez , js10 , js10th , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode